Thames water-Moorcroft debt collector-Asking lodger to pay debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I cannot see how TW can argue with the agreement, I'll put a letter together if you wish.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Get that emailed over to TW asap but they may want to see more as you were there for 8 months.

Lived there from May till dec end, have 4 contract copies (look same with different dates). By saying "see more" - did you mean that they would want to see contract copies covering the whole period?

Just waiting for confirmation from you!

Ok

To Thames Water.

Ref Use theirs /water account number.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to recent correspondence from Thames Water regarding an account at ( Give address) which has been wrongly transferred into my name, please take not I do not accept or acknowledge any debt or liability for this account or any charges arising from it.

I lived at the address a '' lodger'' under a formally drawn agreement which states quite clearly that all utility charges were included in my rent payment, therefore any claims made by Thames Water or any third party agent are rejected and NO payment will be made in regard to this spurious debt, a copy of my lodger agreement is attached.

I now require a written confirmation from Thames Water that I have no liability for the alleged debt and confirmation that Thames Water have withdrawn any instructions to any 3rd party debt collection agencies.

If this matter has been reported to any credit reference agency ALL data must be removed from ALL agencies immediately Thames Water WILL confirm compliance in writing.

I also conclude that Thames Water should seriously consider reasonable financial redress for the time, trouble and distress it has caused me whilst dealing with the incompetence shown by it's accounting department.

This is my Final Response.

Send recorded delivery and check when they receive it, you can also copy it to Moorcrap.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brig - and Sorry for responding so late . I was travelling with very limited access to mails.

I will e-mail TW on the address they gave to me during my telephonic conversation, soon alongwith scan copy of my first 2 months contract.

Should I also paste a line from Prove it letter as given below?

"I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question."

Hi bowcreek,

Yes add that line as well, let me know the outcome please.

Okay guys - here is the good news...got this e-mail from TW this morning..at 09:00 AM ..

Reference Number: xxxxxx

Property Address: xxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxxxx

We are writing in response to your e-mail of 29 April 2013 informing us that you are not responsible for the water service charges for the above property.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to this.

We can confirm that we have closed the account in your name with effect from the same date it was set up for the above property.

There is no outstanding balance due and we request you to please ignore the correspondence you have received.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can visit our website,

www.thameswater.co.uk/contactus or you can call us on 0845 9200 888 between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturday.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxx

Customer Agent

3rd one this week I've heard of too

moorcrap are really trying it on.

they think because people THINK water is a PRIORITY util debt

they can FOOL people into coughing up.

WRONG AGAIN!!

well done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good result Bowcreek,

Might be an idea to check CRA files in case Moorcrap have played the fool!!

Wahoo! Well done. CAG helps again.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Brig (for the letter), Dotty50, donkey B and all others whose names I have missed to mention here...THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

It reminds me of the day when I first posted here in this forum, frustrated and hopeless..! And then you all came one step forward everytime I needed your help and understood the details closely before suggesting next step.

You all are really doing great job and are stars !

Once again thank a ton !!

Hi Bowcreek, Your thanks are much appreciated, just a quick check on Noddle will do and its FREE!!