Nationwide.

Dave Johnson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look in the Library at CPR 6.14 - Certificate of service relating to a claims form and CPR 6.10 as to requirements

Can I say that County Court Staff (bless 'em) are not always the most efficient lot you are likely to meet.

I would strong suggest that you complete a certificate of service within 7 days of service. Do this in addition to the procedure which the court staff suggests - but do it. Get a form from the court.

"The Defendant filed an Acknowlegement of Service on 08 March 2006"

27th March is their last day to file a defence, They intend to defend all of the claim.

Charles Bacon,("in house solicitor") kindly filled in the court forms!

Cheers

Dave :D

Looks like it's YOU then. :D

Strange because they defaulted against me. :?

What's happened?

Why didn't you let us know???

Well done.

We need to find out when where etc and make sure that there are some media there.

I'm sure that by now we can get TV and press.

I missed it. What address do they have?

Can you give us the entire address. Also would you mind pm me your address and contact phone number if you don't mind being contacted by the press.

What is the address of the bailliff and phone number?

Could you get this from the court if you don't have it?

In my experience bailiffs (even county court ones) are usually quick off the mark and will visit to "encourage" payment before the seven days are up. A friend's shop was visited without warning by bailiffs chasing business rates and they demanded payment within 24 hours or they'd have the stock. That sort of bailiff probably has different powers to a county court one although the cynic in me suggests that there are different rules when the big guy is going after the small guy from when the small guy goes after the big guy.

Any news on this?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Dear All,

I sent the first letter to Nationwide just 3 days ago. Over the past 3 years we've been charged £1600.00 and in the last 2 years we have not operated the account at all but we were still being charged. They've replied and agreed to cancel the £268.00 they claimed we owe them. When I get home today and writing them to still claim the money they owe me.

:shock:

Dear All,

I sent the first letter to Nationwide just 3 days ago. Over the past 3 years we've been charged £1600.00 and in the last 2 years we have not operated the account at all but we were still being charged. They've replied and agreed to cancel the £268.00 they claimed we owe them. When I get home today and writing them to still claim the money they owe me.

:shock:

Please start your own thread and not hijack others.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

From the Court,

"The defendant has filed a defence, a copy of which is enclosed with this notice. An allocation questionnaire is also enclosed which contains notes for guidance on how to complete it.

blah blah by the 6th April"

No defence attatched.

I will have to nip in tomorrow

Cheers

Dave

Went into the court to get a mislaid defence.

1. The Defendant admits that the Claimant holds a current account, known as a "FlexAccount" with the Defendant, as stated in the Particulars of Claim.

2. The Defendant's account is currently overdrawn in the sum of £341.12. The Defendant is entitled to set off any liability it may have to the Claimant against the Claimant's liability to repay the overdraft.

3.Furthur and in the alternative, any charges debited to the Claimant's accounts have been debited in accordance with the contract made between the Claimant and the Defendant in relation to the account. The FlexAccount Terms and Conditions that apply to the Claimant's account state:

"17. We will debit your FlexAccount with:

i) ....................

ii) Any charges and/or interest that you have to pay from time to time"

4. The Claimant has been regularley advised of the amount of charges that would be debited to his account in respect of :

unauthorised overdrafts; transactions unpaid due to insufficient cleared funds; and card misuse.

5. The Defendant, therefore, denies that the Claimant is entitled to repayment of the charges , as claimed, or at all.

blah blah facts true

Chas Palma Ham

I have picked, so far, TWELVE faults relevant to my case.

It would be nice to hear comments/strategy for the next steps :twisted:

Cheers

dave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks