Shoplifted but not caught!

Consumer-00
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shoplifted but not caught, now I'm so paranoid that someone would look at the store's video record and arrest me. I took a £75 worth stuff from a shop , and was not caught. I feel so ashamed and scared right now. I should have never done that .. I was so stupid. I'm still sweating now and it is my first time and the last time for sure. I am just so worried and scared if they will take a look at the video record and attempt to find me. What should I do? :-(

If you are scared, stay away from the shop. Morally you should go back and give the goods back as you knowingly and willingly took them. It's pure guilt that is making you backtrack now.

The easiest way to solve this, is just stay away from the shop for a good while and DO NOT STEAL AGAIN. If you get caught, there are very serious consequences.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Agree with the above. Take the goods back to the store - drop them off and say you found them if you don't want them asking questions. To benefit from them would show that you weren't feeling 'ashamed' at all - just worried about being caught!

Highly unlikely that they would attempt to find you from a security video anyway, unless you are known in the store, or to the police by sight.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Anonymously post them back to the store with a note of apology.

Leave it approximately a month though just to be cautious. CCTV footage is usually wiped after a month.

It never rains but it pours...

I expect a lot of shop lifters think that stealing from shops doesn't really matter as these stores can afford it. At the shop I work in if all stock isn't accounted for then we lose our personal bonuses. This can be up to £100 a month for me. Very regularly stock goes missing and I lose money from my pocket which could go to my sons upbringing. Send the goods back and look at the bigger picture. You aren't just stealing from a large corporation but probably from families with children.

• Haha 1

Do it anonymously or say you found them like previous posters. No point getting in trouble for it now if you are genuinely sorry. As a teenager I received a caution for shop lifting that still shows up on enhanced disclosures for my voluntary work. It wasn't until I was older that I understood the implications of what I did. It's not worth risking a criminal record over.

I will be honest.. I am actually suffer from depression! The drugs I am taking are so strong that make you forget a lot.. I been suffering for a year now.. I didn't want to say that from the start because I scare people knowing about this.. What happen that day, I don't remember really.. I didn't paid I know because I don't have the bill.. I don't know what to do.. I so strange..

Do you still have the items? if so, send them back as advised and you'll feel a weight lifted. Just realise that if you get caught ( if you carry on, its guaranteed), then you get a criminal record that will follow you around for years.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I wouldn't post them back. My brother did something like this before, like you he was on anti-depressants and had autism. He genuinely didn't steal something but put a 50p sweet in his bag by accident after buying 2. He felt so guilty that he accidentally didn't pay for the 3rd one that he sent it back to the shop 1st class recorded. The police fingerprinted the note, envelope and traced with the post office where it came from and arrested him. Luckily as he returned the goods he was only given a caution. The way I see it..if you can't do the time..don't do the crime!!

I wouldn't post them back. My brother did something like this before, like you he was on anti-depressants and had autism. He genuinely didn't steal something but put a 50p sweet in his bag by accident after buying 2. He felt so guilty that he accidentally didn't pay for the 3rd one that he sent it back to the shop 1st class recorded. The police fingerprinted the note, envelope and traced with the post office where it came from and arrested him. Luckily as he returned the goods he was only given a caution. The way I see it..if you can't do the time..don't do the crime!!

Hello brownguy.

I'm a bit confused by what you say. If I haven't committed a crime before, the police wouldn't have my fingerprints, would they?

Sorry if I've misunderstood.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They can DNA and fingerprint yes, but they cannot match it up if the DNA isnt already in their database. Also, they wouldnt arrest someone over a 50p sweet. They DEFINITELY wouldnt waste the money to DNA and fingerprint the envelope. If what you are saying is the truth, then your brother isnt telling you the full story.

I work in a store and part of my duties are to flip through the cctv to try and pinpoint shoplifting.. My advice would be to take the goods back, hand them to the manager in person, and promise you won't enter the store again (whether you are intending to buy or not).

The fact that you took the goods back would be a positive to me.