Convert Windows 8 To Behave Like Windows 7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I love Windows 8, it is much faster and reliable than Vista and 7, but with Microsoft trying to force people to use the tiles has put a lot of people off it. Fear not, as soon as I installed Windows 8 I changed it into a Windows 7 clone with its look and feel :)

Simply search and install:

Classis Shell

8Gadgetpack

Instantly you now boot to the Desktop, your Start button has returned, and your gadgets are back :wink:

If you use laptop or desktop then win 7 is superior. If you have a tablet or touchscreen then win8 is the way to go.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just got Win8, with a touch screen laptop. If it wasn't for the touchscreen, I'd have put W7 back on it.

So many annoying little 'features' - like where the shutdown options and control panel are now located! Hey ho!

If you use laptop or desktop then win 7 is superior. If you have a tablet or touchscreen then win8 is the way to go.

ditto, have had no probs with win 7 since install (apart from some issues that would affect every o/s eg re change of pc but then it has an option to avoid that). wouldn't say win 8 is more 'reliable'. why use win 8 and then get it to behave like win 7?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Just got Win8, with a touch screen laptop. If it wasn't for the touchscreen, I'd have put W7 back on it.

So many annoying little 'features' - like where the shutdown options and control panel are now located! Hey ho!

Some little trick that you may love, Whatever you want, go the the start screen and type it. Search automatically opens and has apps, settings and files on the right, so whichever you're looking for you will find it :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 months later...

I've been using Windows 8 on my HP 6910p for quite a while now and I couldn't be happier with it. It took a while to get used to, but it has made things so much easier for me :-)

There is this program: Classic Start 8

However I cannot vouch as to whether it's any good or not. I've been using the normal method which has been fine for me.

HTH

Shark :)

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

There is an update due at the end of June that you can choose to install to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7. I will update this thread later with further instructions once the update is released.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar