LloydsTSB & FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I'll keep the story brief, I put in a complaint against LloydsTSB, with whom I have banked with for the last 3 years, as I have been asking for an account upgrade from my basic account, which they still refuse to do.

I have run a good account, have my wages paid into it each month, which is well in excess of £2,000+, yet they won't upgrade my account! Now, the reason for having my account upgraded is, apart from the fact I would like a 'normal' account, is the fact their debit card only works in their LloydsTSB machine's. Now I work all kinds of hours, and sometimes very long hours, if I need to get some cash out I have to go searching for a LLoydsTSB cash machine!

I have aksed to be upgraded many times, and can see no reason why they cannot upgrade my account? I have not asked for any borrowing, and I present no risk to the bank as they no longer issue cheque guarantee cards, so where is the risk?

Now, my credit history is not the best, I have a couple of credit cards, one gets paid off in full each month, but what really annoyed me is I know of a few cases where they have upgraded a persons account after only banking with them for about 7 months, dispite having CCJ's on their account!!!

This is discrimination, and I reported the matter to the FOS, who have so far taken about 4 months looking into this, and I have just recieved a letter, telling me they are giving LloydsTSB upto another 3 months to respond! This is a joke!!!

BTW: Before anyone tells me to go to another bank, I like LLoydsTSB online banking service, its better than most. i also do not want to spend further years having to prove myself to another bank!!!

• 2 months later...

Go in to Lloyds and speak to the manager there, or a senior member of the team and ask them if they can upgrade you. I was in EXACTLY the same position as you 3 or so years ago. I spoke to a senior member who upgraded on his authority.

Go in to Lloyds and speak to the manager there, or a senior member of the team and ask them if they can upgrade you. I was in EXACTLY the same position as you 3 or so years ago. I spoke to a senior member who upgraded on his authority.

I have already been in there a few times, they said they can't overrule the decision. they did phone up another department, but it was declined!