style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new so please forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.

IV been with PH for 4years now and we had to make a claim of the cover .To cut a very long story short I got told that this cover is a type of insurance to which if you sell insurance you need a licence so I telephoned fsa and they stated that PH does not have any license to sell this insurance. They wanted more details so they could open a case .

Could anyone let me know if this is true ?

Thanks

P.s they do have a license for selling hp.

get them reclaimed read this forum

they dont need a licence no

they are just resellers

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Thank you as it was driving me mad as everyone I speak to don't really know including cab and ts.

IV been reading a few posts on here (which by the is very very helpful wish I found it sooner) can I get back the money iv already paid for this rip off insurance as iv only got a few weeks left on this item and iv been paying it for 4 years(I know iv been so stupid).

Thanks for the post

yes you can

have you house ins?

even though you DON'T need any ins on HP goods

[there are NO LEGAL RULES THAT STATE YOU NEED IT]

regardless to what they say.

so OSC & DLC get them back

treat as PPI reclaim see below

and the titled threads here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I got home insurance and pH know I have .

when I first signed with them I just moved home and I got a leather sofa

(as I have kids its easy to clean)and had no home insurance so they said I needed to take there's

but over the last four years iv taken 15 more items ( just in case you need to know iv never missed a payment )

because I showed my home insurance I did take out the cover didn't know I could also stop one .

Then over the last few moths one end of the sofa is sagging and it feels like your sitting on wood (maybe coz I am lol)

so I asked them if they could sort it they sent a man round who said it would cost to much to repair.

ph then said they stopped selling this type of sofa so now they want to give me a "reverbished "one which I don't really want they want to deliver today .

Hi I joined a few days ago

I am with perfect homes at the moment and I have been with them for 4 years in april i have bought about 15 things from them some of them already paid off .when I first signed up with them it was for a sofa and got told that because i had no home insurance I must take out there cover which i did and iv also got some other things with cover on them .I did finally get round to getting some home insurance but was told I was not allowed to take off the cover I already had taken out.

A few weeks ago my sofa started to sag on end and the shop sent someone out to take alook .They said it would cost to much to fix so there sent out a reverbished one which i turned down as it was not very nice.I have seen your site while dealing with this and put in writing i wanted my money back .They telephoned me today as they got the letter and they have said NO (i bet coz it is the thousands) and now wont even talk to me regurding this issue cant afford legal help and c.a.b and t.s dont know were I stand so can anyone please help me with some advice.

thankyou

Good old brighthouse, not too sure if there is one of their reps on here or not?

Firstly try and keep everything in writing, TS should be able to give you better advice, as this is well within their remit to sort out.

SOGA or sale of goods act, have a read up on that and sock it to them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've added a note to the thread title so that people can more easily see what your post is about. Hope you get things sorted!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

BB has given some good info for you. Use soga towards them and if they still refuse, get in touch with trading standards. Im sure theyll love to have a little word with this sham of a company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi thanks everyone for this site

The store manager telephoned again about ahour ago he said if i cancel the cover and ask for all monies paid they cant replace the sofa so i give him the soga saying that it doent matter how old the goods are that there have to replace or fix them it is they legal duty hope i said the right thing .I also said to him that if my request for my refund of the cover is not meet that i will take them to small claims court I hope i got that right i dont want to sound dumb lol.he then said he willl contact his head office as area manager is away and that he will phone before 12 noon tomorrow.

He's trying to blag you, and you rightly called him out on it. The insurances they give are in addition to SOGA. Not as a replacement which is what Brighthouse seem to think.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I know. I feel like kicking myself for being so stupid god knows how many other ppl have taken out the cover .

THANKYOU everyone for this site as without it i would be still paying this cover and not know you can claim it back.

Almost all BH customers take out the cover as they are tricked into thinking they cannot get the items unless they take out the cover. The majority of them dont even know about SOGA.

hi its not sales of goods act its supply of goods act its different as your are not covered by the sales of goods have a read of the other one and you.ll find it quite more helpfull you will find that there is nothing in their contracts or under supply of goods act saying you need insurance on hire purchase items.if they won.t take it off ask them for proof saying where it says you need to insure your items.

Everyone is covered by the sales of goods act. The insurances/warranties that BH sell are in ADDITION to SOGA. Not in REPLACEMENT like BH try to say.

Hi everyone

I did a thread about a week ago called help .

today i got a letter from them and it just makes me feel so dumb, idiot ,moron and a average joe from a housing esate that dont have schools.

I write in response to your letters .youadvise that you wish to cancel all cover plus and would like a full refind .

i have now had a chance to investigate the matter and have been unable to find an evidance to surrport your allegations that you were missold coverplus

i note that the letter that you have used is one recommended on the internet for the use of reclaiming ppi .i must comfirm to you that coverplus is an extended warranty with separate finance agreement and is not associated insurance or ppi product.i must also point out tat we do not subscribe to the banking code ,which was witdrawn on 1st november 2009.

i have been unable to find any evidance to justify any refund and i am happy that all paperwork was completed correctly and that the correct sales process has been followed we will therefore not be offering any reund of the premiums.

may i also take this opportunity to comfirm that in line with your request ,all coverplus warranties have now been cancelled and any maintenance and repairs outside of the manufacturers warranty are now your responsibility and we will therefore be unable to assist you without making a charge.

so if anyone has any idea what i should do next pleaseeeee let me know as i really hate this ripoffs thinking they have won .

thanks

ps also if anyone is with perfect home then you will know no one is willing to give the number for head office and its not on the contracts or website so if you want it I can post it on here but am not sure if that's allowed so let me know thanks.

Edited by borobird

they are wrong

you are covered by the sale of goods act.

and it IS the same as PPI

look at the other threads here about people getting it back.

dx

and they

three threads merged on same subject.

please keep to one thread

dx

and they

hi

perfect home just telephoned me and

they now state that not only cant I claim the coverplus

but the tad I was paying was taking off a few weeks into the agreement

because when I took out a another agreement I took in my home insurance

and they took it among themselves to take it off all my agreements without my say so

they have no request from me in writing or other saying I didnt want it taking off

so now in suck I don't know what to do now

oh and your going to love this

they insisting they want replace the sofa and the manager of the store admitted they just got a reverbished one in store today

and I have to go there to see it and if I say yes then the upholsterer will cheak it over

(thought it was reverbished )

the manager then comfirmed that the sofa is one they have just took back of a another customer

so now they offering me some poor sole sofa (bet they didn't have a court order).

so now I really don't know what to do as im not very clever when it comes to this stuff.

Im sorry for doing different threads.

seems like they are trying to spoof you

you CAN reclaim the optional ins as it was portrayed as compulsory

nice commission earner for the rep.

you REALLY need to stop using the phone

get everything in writing only.

pers i'd sar them and get the truth on what you have or have not paid

I would not trust them as far as you could kick them

in the shop or on the phone.

and they

Hi dx

So even though it says in their contract the goods must be insured at all times

and I did not have any home insurance at the time

and it sates that the cover plus is a *warranty

im still within my right to claim back my money .

Im sorry if I sound like a parrot

its because they making me feel a fool

even the staff as they laughed at me on the phone when they telephoned me today

(asking if i could go to the store to look at a reverbished one)

saying its not insurance I took out but a warranty .

I just dont know how to reply next

do I write that

" yes I know its a warranty but I was still mis sold it and im am entitled to a refund " or something else.

I never felt so uneducated in all my life passing my driving test was easyer than this lol.

Can anyone tell me what they mean when they letter states

they did not subscribe to the banking code which was withdrawn in november 1st 2009

Edited by borobird

warranty / ppi makes no odds

if its a warranty, you don't need it

SOGA covers you and any warranty is in addition to your statutory rights under sOGA.

PPI, is protection insurance against say losing your job, thus you cant pay

ALL PPI is optional, there are no compulsory ones.

they are are just trying to confuse you ro make you give up.

there are NO rules that under HP agreements goods must be insured or have a warranty.

end of.

dx

and they