Notice of Assignment received 5 years after debt sold Citicard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u need to leave it till the 8 weeks is up or u have there final response.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

well u are well within your rtes to report them now. Just send everything off.

• Haha 1

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks for that, I should have more time to spend sorting these matters out from this week as I have reduced my hours at work! Need to get round to sending SAR's etc to all these companies too.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

• 1 month later...

I have today received a letter from LSC Solicitors in connection with my Citi account which was formally assigned to 1st Credit Ltd.

I have already communicated with 1st Credit telling them Citi had not complied with my CCA request

and therefore should not have assigned my account to anyone.

However it seems the cretins at 1st Credit either cannot read, or do not understand.

Should I now send a CCA request to 1st Credit, I know they are not going to be able to supply the document as Citi Cards

merely sent me a set of T&C's saying this agreement is between CitiFinancial Europe plc and you....eerrm just who is you? :D

I am going to reply to LCS solicitors advising them that their client has unfortunately bought a duff account

and they "as solicitors apparently" should know better than to send letters threatening court action,

CCJ's and charging orders (oh I'm shaking with fear..not!) and I will attach a copy of my CCA request to 1st Credit.

I've not had any dealings with 1st Credit, apart from what I have picked up on here. Are they the sort who will just sell the debt on if they know they can't comply or will they persue court action?

Any advice would be gratefully received. :)

Thanks for that Surprise :) my letter is very much along those lines! I don't think I'll both CCAing 1st Credit as effectively the account was in dispute with Citi long before they assigned it to them. Its not my fault 1st Credit have bought a duff account now is it :D funny thing is i've got the funds to clear this debt in full, but because of the way Citi have acted in flogging it to 1st Credit I have no intention of paying a penny!

Following on from above I have today received a letter from 1st Credit headed "REQUEST FOR COPY AGREEMENT" advising that I have recently requested a copy of my agreement and the document I have requested is retained by "our" client blah blah blah.

Firstly I haven't actually even done a CCA request to 1st Credit, I only advised their mickey mouse so called solicitors that I had requested a copy from Citi cards and they had not complied, nice to see the right hand knows what the left hand is doing!

They also harp on about the "Law of Property Act". and once I receive my copy agreement they would expect me to contact their office to arrange settlement. Hmmmm, yea right!

I CCA'd Citi cards earlier this year and they advised they don't have to provide a copy of the actual agreement and just sent me their T&C's, to which I responded they had not complied. Also according to 1st Credit, they had been assigned my debt...now doesn't that mean they have purchased it and therefore surely it is their responsibility to provide a copy of the CCA which they say i've requested, which I actually haven't!

Should I now do a proper CCA request to them to cover myself or wait and see what they come up with? :)

If Citicards haven't got an agreement then they will not be able to comply. You should just send a copy of the letter from Citi where they state that they do not have an agreement then tell 1st Credit that they are stuffed. It would be a fruitless exercise to CCA 1st Credit when you have already done this with the original creditor.

Surprise, Citi have said they have complied, by sending a set of T&C's, so no doubt they will provide those to 1st Credit who will then say they have complied. Obviously there is no signature or anything, its just some T&Cs downloaded off the net which they have sent, I could have knocked that up as easily as they have. I know they haven't complied, but i'm pretty sure 1st Credit will say they have and then the battle will commence in earnest :)

well what a suprise.

thats as good as me saying i have never done anything illegal.

• 10 months later...

As stated in previous threads, my Citi Card was transferred to 1st Cretins, no CCA was provided, but 1st Cretins issued a Statutory Demand which I had set aside with costs awarded..that was last October, since then i've heard nothing and my credit report has not been updated (still showing as a default). Yesterday a letter came from Citi and I opened it with trepidation worrying that they were back on my case...

However the letter was harping on about being covered for purchases abroad using my card and how they had been advised that they should have been offering this protection during the period 2006-2008. INterestingly though, the first line was something like "you had a Citi Card during the period 2006-2008 and ALTHOUGH YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW CLOSED" blah blah blah.

How nice that my account is closed, presume that means they won't be taking it back from 1st Credit and I can hopefully wave goodbye once and for all to this debt. Sadly it is the smallest of all my debts which is just typical, but lets not look a gift horse in the mouth!

I presume there is always the small chance the 1st Cretins might sell this debt on to another bunch of numpties but am hoping they would have done that by now if they were considering that option.

Now if only I could get a letter from Sainsburys telling me my account was closed that would be a result :D

• 3 years later...

I have a default on my credit file from 1st credit for an old Citicard debt, it is due to,drop off next year. I was successful in getting their statutory demand set aside about 4 years ago and have heard nothing since. They updated my credit file last month for the first time since the statutory demand was set aside.

Today I received a notice of assignment from citi financial saying they have assigned my contract to 1st credit.

I find this rather odd after 5 years. I will check and see if I have ever received one before.

The notice of assignment has obviously been issued by first credit because the envelope showed a Reigate address.

Any ideas why they might have done this?

Thanks

old threads merged for ref

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Today all becomes clear,

I have received the introduction letter from 1st credit

I presume they must have retuned the account to citi when it became clear I would not pay them.

So do I just send off for the cca or remind them of my past dealings with them including the statutory demand set aside etc?

Please help!

Really thought this one had gone away :(

yes simply send a copy of the set aside

they are just trying it on

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a copy of the set aside but this must have crossed with their next letter to me which I received today

and which follows the usual path as its headed legal proceedings being considered.

I have therefore emailed them a copy of my letter and set aside just in case they say they haven't received it.

I have an auto response so they can't try that one now.

I guess my next step should be to remind them my cca request of 5 years ago is still outstanding?

Hi DM.

They are cutting it fine. l would just tell them to take a long walk of a short cliff.