new council tax benefit award letter came this mornirng

time4change2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well with the new council tax benefit letter came today have to pay £9.00 a month starting from the 1st of April seems there no one safe from this at the moment have to pay a total of £90.00 a year now

anyone else had there's yet?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interesting to know who has to pay extra CTB. I had my letter through and I don't have to pay any council tax this coming year. Might be differences between the councils. I'm assuming it's because I get DLA and ESA Support Group. That's just a guess, wish the HB was as accommodating.

Hi

Yes I received mine yesterday. We must be one of the lucky ones as we don't have to pay anything. I don't know how it works though as my husband is on DLA. I work 24 hours per week and we have 3 children.

I'm currently receiving CTB, and got a letter from my council the other day. It confirms that there will be no change, one of the relatively few benefits of living in Scotland. :-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Not had mine yet but after contacting the CT benefits at my local council I got a letter stating they hadn't decided yet on amounts but that I could expect to pay at least £4.44 per week, which is a lot to me, am on the old Incapacity Benefit still for the moment. Seriously hoping its not more than £4.44 per week. with water rates, gas and electric, it wont be worth going to the supermarket.

I received not just one but FOUR letters today from the council regarding my CT liability :x and I'm totally confused now.

• The first one tells me that I owe them £90.00+ for CT for this month ................. Hmmm, wrong - totally paid up to date in January this year, account wasn't in joint names and where is my CT benefit reduction?
  • The second one tells me that I'm in credit by £10.00+ to end February 2013 ..... Give that man a gold star - could possibly be right.
  • The third one tells me that I owe them £45.00+ for CT for this month ...... Hmmmm, wrong - that's half the figure given in my first letter and where is my CT benefit reduction? But three points awarded for correctly giving account in joint names.
  • The fourth one tells me that I owe them £1,170+ for 2013-14 CT liability and have thrown in a 25% single occupancy discount ..... Hmmm, wrong - account is still in sole name and, again, where is my CT benefit reduction?

I can see another 6 mile round-trip to the Council offices tomorrow morning to ascertain just how much my CT liability really is.

Impecunious :-x (no smiley face today)

Be interesting to know who has to pay extra CTB. I had my letter through and I don't have to pay any council tax this coming year. Might be differences between the councils. I'm assuming it's because I get DLA and ESA Support Group. That's just a guess, wish the HB was as accommodating.

have you had your new council tax award starting from 1st April 2013? my sister gets high rate DLA both components and ESA support group and severe disability premium as she has to pay them sane as me £9.00 a month

I have to pay £22 a month on HR DLA and ESA support group..your benefit status makes NO difference. It local level and decided by your own council! Each council has been given a set of rules, and its down to them to interpret , so the people affected and amounts will vary across the country.

However, All council's will have a discretionary fund available ( I found mine on the local councils website) printed off a five page form to apply to the fund! Its quite demeaning to have been entitled to Full CTB and now having to supply the local authority with personal medical information regarding my disabilities and also a financial statement...another hoop for the vulnerable sick and disabled.! :!:

I have recived my first council Tax bill and it states this on the letter.

First Instalment due on 01/04/2013 - 1 x £10.51

8 other Instalments due from 01/05/13 to 01/12/13 - 8 X £7.00

I have just spoken to my council and I setted up a direct debit on 7th of every month.

I am going to pay the £10.51 on the 20th of this month and I got told my next bill will then be due on 7th of May.

however my council bill is £66.51.

At least its not a lot so I can cope with this.

have you had your new council tax award starting from 1st April 2013?

I have. It shows me owing £0.00

... your benefit status makes NO difference. It local level and decided by your own council...

I'm getting that impression from this thread!

I got mine and is about the same as gay guys. Band A 25% discount for being single. They had said i could pay over 12 months but the bill is over 10.

That's Hinckley council and my liability is set at 8%.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Receive our letter this morning. We now have to pay £23 a month from April. That's not to mention the £50 a month that we pay for an old bill from 5yrs ago and £6 per week direct from our benefits. We didn't find out about the bill that we owe from 2008 until we moved house last oct, as we thought this is what has been comin out of our jsa but apparently that's something else entirely. Anyone reckon that they'd possibly reduce the installments we have to pay on the 2008 arrears now we have to pay £23 a month to them aswel?? xo

I got mine and is about the same as gay guys. Band A 25% discount for being single. They had said i could pay over 12 months but the bill is over 10.

That's Hinckley council and my liability is set at 8%.

gay guys?

I received not just one but FOUR letters today from the council regarding my CT liability :x and I'm totally confused now.

• The first one tells me that I owe them £90.00+ for CT for this month ................. Hmmm, wrong - totally paid up to date in January this year, account wasn't in joint names and where is my CT benefit reduction?
  • The second one tells me that I'm in credit by £10.00+ to end February 2013 ..... Give that man a gold star - could possibly be right.
  • The third one tells me that I owe them £45.00+ for CT for this month ...... Hmmmm, wrong - that's half the figure given in my first letter and where is my CT benefit reduction? But three points awarded for correctly giving account in joint names.
  • The fourth one tells me that I owe them £1,170+ for 2013-14 CT liability and have thrown in a 25% single occupancy discount ..... Hmmm, wrong - account is still in sole name and, again, where is my CT benefit reduction?

I can see another 6 mile round-trip to the Council offices tomorrow morning to ascertain just how much my CT liability really is.

Impecunious :-x (no smiley face today)

Dont go tomorrow as its Sunday :-)

just wrote out a post. took a long time. pressed wrong button. s**t. s**t. s**t.

Got letter saturday, one says council tax benefit claim cancelled : council tax reduction migration. benefit ends at close of month.

dated 3 march.

Got letter 12 march 'council tax bill 2013/2014', says paid up.

And another 2 letters for rent, just as confusing. I'm in ESA support group income related, DLA low care, low mobility, live in council supported housing.

In process of filling in another ESA50 and this rent & council tax crap arrives. The soft kill method, by UK plc.

This benefit simplification process (Sic) really is making things easier for all concerned.

My Council Lambeth got in trouble with that fat pie eating (he ate all of them) Pickles for advertising cuts.

They have now gone to the other extreme and can I find out about this new scheme or how much it is going to cost me a month?

Well they did send a letter with a web address on it to check out the scheme that doesn't exist.

I recieved a follow up latter last week stating that it's all change, my CT benefit will cease and that I will have to wait for my bill to find out what I will have to pay.

All links on the Council Tax page to the scheme just go to the same page that tells you that it's changing.

It also states that we will have to apply a fresh for this new benefit.

- Could explain the post above as CT benefit as is has ended and this new CT scheme takes over. No mention of if this will be done automatically. I assume it will be but who knows?

Given that it's only 2 weeks away I think a tersely worded email asking them to tell me is in order.

I did mange after a lot of searching to find the proposed scheme but the bit which should have told me the rate I would be paying only has £XX.XX for each and every category and calculation through out.

up make couldn't it - my Councils moto

We will have to pay £9.33 in April then £5.00 per month after that, can't really afford it as our money is worked out to the penny but what can I do! will have to re juggle everything and make room for it, no doubt it will come of our food bill and we eat little enough already but Oh Mighty Council Tho shalt have Their Money!

Thank you Rae. I suspect that nite lite was having some unkind thoughts about me. :lol:

Maybe we should be taxed less as we tend not to have children so there is less education costs,less healthcare costs we smoke more so pay more money to the tax man,drink more ditto. I could go on ha ha ha

we have to pay a £26.33 for one month then another £23 for every month after that, what with the rent we have to pay not going to leave a lot for bills and food. Trust lincolnshire to charge everyone the maximum that they can.

Thank you Rae. I suspect that nite lite was having some unkind thoughts about me. :lol:

Maybe we should be taxed less as we tend not to have children so there is less education costs,less healthcare costs we smoke more so pay more money to the tax man,drink more ditto. I could go on ha ha ha

i can assure you i was not i just wanted clarification on what you mean that's all

Apart from the obvious that they have increased the subsistence level benefits by less than inflation and we are thus worse off and then they decide we have to contribute to council tax, so we are now even worse off.

Then it varies by area,so some areas may have no extra payments to make while other areas have 10% or even more to make. Depending on the level of council tax in your area and the band of your house it could be a huge amount.

Then on top of the cap on the number of bedrooms you have you are stuffed. I do have to say i have mixed views on the bedroom situation as why should a single person be in 4 bedroom social housing.