Lloyds/SCM claimform - credit card debt *SETTLED BY TOMLIN + PPI RECLAIM**

lindyhop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lindyhop - I don't see a any reference to LTSB's original particulars of claim - the reason that they issued the claim ? Any chance we can see that please.

Reading back over your thread, the general consensus of opinion is that you might want to consider their offer of the consent order ? This would prevent further costs being added to the debt.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ford

please excuse the poor language used in my last post. i only meant that me using the term issaac may put you in a vulnerable position if you worked in the industry. i was basically asking for your permission, having shared the information for me using it.

if i had known that my post would have caused concern i would have kept logged in and responded before going to bed last night. i hate the idea of you thinking bad of me, even in cyberspace:(

again my apologies, definately no insult was intended. i am very grateful for your involvement.

Regards

Citizen B

Thank you also for your input. the general consensus then is that even with the errors on the recon, once pointed out at court, the ccj would go ahead anyway as the bank would ask for the opportunity to rectify by asking for another hearing(?) or by starting the process again by issuing a correct recon, or the judge would ignore the missing original and errors on the recon and order a ccj anyway.

are my assumptions correct?

Well they would only be able to reissue a claim if they did indeed have the correct paperwork. Not all errors can be "remedied"

I don't think that Ford would have put anything on the open forum if it were going to be causing anyone a problem :) So if he has suggested that you make a request for something by way of something, then go for it.

Whilst there is a court claim in progress you can ask for information by way of CPR Part 18. I have attached an EXAMPLE for you.

You would need to amend the questions on the EXAMPLE to obtain the information you require.

Draft CPR 18 for forum.pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

no worries, lindyhop. no offence was taken, just didn't know what you meant.

the 'fair isaac debt manager' is just computer software that some bankers (including loyds) etc use re managing debt accounts. googly it, you'll see.

it is the account diarydetails/logs that you want that show the full activity re an account including things in/out such as dn, formal demand, etc. their sar info should include it. so maybe then you already have those, and theres been crossed wires. if not, can try just ask the bank for a copy. good luck.

btw, as you asked, no i'm not in the 'industry' :)

IMO

:-):rant:

Hi Citizen

i have looked at the cpr.18 example, and appreciate your providing it.

having looked at the example i can see why this would make sense, but i am suspicious of the claimant. they claim in their POC and witness statement that the DN was in line with procedures, however the memoline/isaac may come up different information and this was why i wanted sight of it - to satisfy myself that what was said on their witness statement matched the info on the memoline. i cannot understand why they did not include this information with my original SARs request.

in any event i will leave that to one side.

CONSENT ORDERS

i have tried to find out a bit more about this but have come up empty handed so far as when googled it comes up with divorce cases.

but how would a consent order work with avoiding a CCJ case? who lays down the terms and what if any would the effect be of agreeing a consent order prior to a hearing? if agreement not reached would the defendant by opening negoiations have agreed to liability?

sorry to be a pain, but there must be other Caggers out there will this same query and not being clear on the answer:(

can you help with the answer?

Hi again Ford

Very pleased that you are still there and that you havent taken offence. i was tired, didnt explain and worded the post badly:oops:

ive drafted a sort of LBA re the repeated failed provision of SARs info, and included a request for all entries. they may well choose to ignore me for another month before responding!

ive asked here about consent orders (not the ones connected with divorce, but as a possible alternative to a CCJ). do you know anything about them? benefits/pitfalls/disadvantages etc?

Thanks

Hi Havingastella

i keep missing posts, sorry about that.

it a very large amount (well for me anyway). if you have several questions please list them on here, the answers that i think may make me more easily identifyable i can PM, the others i will answer openly.

in the meantime is the amount being claimed significant? this questions sounds silly even to me, but i dont know what i dont know (if you know what i mean)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?385377-Consent-Order&highlight=Consent+Order

There is some advice regarding a Consent order in the thread linked above.

The OP was sent one by the claimant, donkeyB amended it to make it more "defendant" friendly.

Hope that helps.

BCOBS

HI CitizenB

This is very interesting - but where are the details about any repayment? was this negoiated on another page of the document?

please bear with me:???:

i cant believe that they are prepared to drop everything without getting any money?

HI CitizenB

This is very interesting - but where are the details about any repayment? was this negoiated on another page of the document?

please bear with me:???:

i cant believe that they are prepared to drop everything without getting any money?

It depends what the Consent is meant to achieve in this case the claim was dropped.......yours would have details of payment required within the schedule.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

lindy, I have attached a guide to witness statements for you. Do you have a copy of the claimants Witness statement that should have come with the copy of the SJ application ?

Guidance Notes for WS.pdf

BCOBS

Hi Citizen B

yes i have managed to get a copy of the claimants witness statement. i had to phone the court for it, as this was not included with the notification advising of the hearing date. i will type up the wording as this will be the quickest way to get this to you.

Dont worry about not understanding para 1 of my own witness statement. i was not sure how to word it so tried to include everything in the hope that at least i would have covered all bases.

to include caselaw, can i print it off from the computer as a word doc? and include it? the witness statement for the claimant has included caselaw 'Carey' and they have just typed it in ,so i thought i could do the same??

Thanks

TBH, I don't know - I will ask for you.

Although I suspect that the court will have access to the Carey Judgment as it is fairly recent.

BCOBS

Hi Citizen B

yes i have managed to get a copy of the claimants witness statement. i had to phone the court for it, as this was not included with the notification advising of the hearing date. i will type up the wording as this will be the quickest way to get this to you.

Dont worry about not understanding para 1 of my own witness statement. i was not sure how to word it so tried to include everything in the hope that at least i would have covered all bases.

to include caselaw, can i print it off from the computer as a word doc? and include it? the witness statement for the claimant has included caselaw 'Carey' and they have just typed it in ,so i thought i could do the same??

Thanks

In response to the above..

The claimants WS above in support of their application.....I cant see no case law referred to...unless the above is an abridged version.If the account is pre 2007 then their statement " The recon credit agreement

the claimant does not have to produce the original document,s which a e no longer available. the copies held on the claimants computer systems and exhibited here are admissible by virtue of sectioni 8(1) and 9(1) of the civil evidence act 1995. the claimant now certifies for the purposes of section 9(2) of the civil evidence act 1995 that the recon copy agreement is a true copy document which forms part of the records of the claimants business. annexed to this statement and marked....."

is incorrect and misleading...just quote Waksman in rebuke ...they must have the original to enforce.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB and/or Andyorch

seriously hope you are about today to help with these question (others who know the answer - response also welcomed)

RECON's

if the date of the cc agreement as stated by the claimant is disputed by a defendant is it enough for the RECON - 'not to be accurate and true' and therefore unenforceable?

Also what if the interest and APR on the recon are disputed. clarity would be helpful. is it just the interest, or does it include the APR or do both have to be correct as part of the prescribed terms?

VARIATIONS

where the account has been varied over the years does S85 still apply in that the claimant should have sent (each time a new credit token was sent out) a copy of the original agreement - especially if S85 is not mention in the agreement RECON or original.

Thanks

Hi Squaddie

yes they did a statement of truth and witness statement which they had to go back and produce a new statement of truth and witness statement as they found one of the errors on the RECON after me telling them there were errors on it.

how many statements of truth will they be allowed to produce? the explaination given as to why they got one of the errors wrong in the first place is so flimsy!!!

Hi again Squaddie

i should add that there are still errors, (the reason i posed the questions in my earlier post today as to what they can cannot get away with in front of a judge).

of course the errors maybe errors that they can go back and correct, but i dont think they will be able to do so prior to the SJ hearing date, unless they do so on the day:(

in any event mine is a pre 2007 so they should be producing the original (or a copy) of the original signed doc anyway - i am right about that i hope.

Only one statement of truth, why was no objection raised, if their agreement has been proven to be inaccurate with a statement of truth, and no viable explanation given, then i would have requested that evidence be tainted and struck out