style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My other half entered into an iva in 2007. He is self employed and we've struggled to make payments. Initially the repayments were 600 a month then two years in reduced to £351 a month but we've struggled with that. The iva has been extended and extended and is now due to finish in November however the payments are crippling us and after 72 months and £31000 repaid I'm wondering if there are any options available to us to end this rather than it be a 7 year iva. We rent and have no savings. We should have gone bankrupt 6 years ago but this is something we want to avoid now.

Any advice gratefully received

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one advise on this? I've completed an income and expenditure sheet and there is literally no spare money to pay in to this and pay the essential bills. No home. We have moderate vehicles in tems of value (approx £1000 each) are dfd likely to bankrupt us? What purpose would it serve?

Reply not relevant, sorry already asked that question.

After paying the amount you have, it would be a shame to then go into bankruptcy. Send in a new expenditure sheet with all your living expenses at the top starting with the most important and see if you can reduce your monthly payments further.

Remember that an IVA is all about what you can realistically afford.

Edited by Conniff