ea games new" sim city"

lenny100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly bought this game online from EA games here is the list of problems

1 you must have a broadband connection at all times to ea game servers to play even in single player mode, that's if you can sign onto a working server, as them seem to have only 12 for the entire world to play on.

2 if you don't have a internet connection then you carnt play the game at all! and I don’t believe all those TV adverts have even mentioned that fact, so if you want children t play this game then you must give them unrestricted online access

3 when in a year or two EA bring out a replacement game they will turn off the servers and your $£40 game will now be a useless icon on your screen, unlike older games which you can continue to enjoy for years.

when I tried to get a refund because the game is not fit for propos and false advertising, I was warned that if I continue to complain as I am unable to have a refund as they state its in the terms and conditions, I would have my origin account cancelled thus losing over £300 worth of games I have bought from them so they are in fact stating you don’t own any software that you buy on origin you just paid to rent them from ea.

if you were looking at buying this game don’t, there is a online petitions signed by over 47 thousand users in just over 48 hours to have this drm system removed or EA give everybody full refunds

https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games?utm_campaign=friend_inviter_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_false

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was a great fan of the sim city series but I haven't bought the new one for these reason and do no buy EA games now. The law needs to address this growing trend in the games industry. Too many people are getting ripped off by pre-release purchases that don't work or of poor quality, online drm and as you mentioned 'put up or shut up or we'll suspend your account that you've spent £1000+ on'.

One company even made you pay extra to play the game at a harder level... that level being the 'normal' level that the game should have been played at :shock:

I think the EU needs to ban always online DRM so users can play when they want even when they shut down all servers and force software companies to sell the game to the buyer rather than 'licence' it. Licencing means they can turn off the game or remove permissions to use it any time they want which is unfair.

EA are well known for their shoddy games. The problem lies in the fact they are a huge company and own a lot of rights to various brands. SO people have no choice but to buy their products if they want to play NFL, Sims etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D