Money shop stalemate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening everyone. I am asking for advice about a loan I have defaulted on which was due to be repaid 28th dec 2012 for the total of £180.

Within a day of defaulting i was receiving an alarming number of calls from various numbers at all times of the day. 7 weeks ago i sent an email offering a repayment plan for £10 a month to clear the debt, i also made a complaint about the conduct of their company & the harrassment i was receiving & finalised the letter saying i would under no circumstances speak to an advisor, requsting everything in writing.

This was the reply to that letter...

Dear Mr Gornall,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am afraid that due to security purposes we are unable to discuss your account via email.

We will pass your e-mail on to the relevant department for their reference. Please be advised to call our collections department on 0800 316 1414 free of charge from a landline or payphone so we can handle the matter more efficiently I am afraid I do not have the facility to set up an agreement via e-mail. Alternatively if you would prefer, we can arrange to call you at a convenient time to transfer you through ourselves.

Opening times are as follows;

Mon:

8.00-7.00

Tues:

8.00-7.00

Wed:

8.00-7.00

Thurs:

8.00-7.00

Fri:

8.00-6.30

Sat:

9.00-2.00

I hope this is of help.

Kind regards,

Lucy

Do they really not have the facility to setup an agreement via email? Every other company i have come across does. I really don't want to speak to anyone by phone as i have no proof of what's been said if an agreement is setup.

Also the calls still keep coming! and have done everyday, even on weekends! I read you have to wait 8 weeks after complaining to make a complaint to the OFT which is expactly what i plan to do so what should be my next move?

Thanks, Craig

They can discuss your account by email. Do not call them unless you can record the call in full. They will try anything they can to get your debit card details or make you agree to things that dont benefit you. Stick to your guns, make sure they know it is your legal and statutory right to have all correspondance in writing, and if they still refuse, get a formal complaint in, and get a complaint to the OFT.

The 8 weeks you mentioned is for the FOS. They will get involved after you receive a final response or 8 weeks have elapsed. Which ever is sooner.

OFT can be contacted anytime.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They can discuss your account by email. Do not call them unless you can record the call in full. They will try anything they can to get your debit card details or make you agree to things that dont benefit you. Stick to your guns, make sure they know it is your legal and statutory right to have all correspondance in writing, and if they still refuse, get a formal complaint in, and get a complaint to the OFT.

The 8 weeks you mentioned is for the FOS. They will get involved after you receive a final response or 8 weeks have elapsed. Which ever is sooner.

OFT can be contacted anytime.

If they are being awkward about e-mail, play them at their own game. Send one more e-mail, offering to communicate by e-mail or by letter, and that you do not deal with financial matters by phone.

If they still decline e-mail, write, and send it second class, getting a certificate of posting each time, in case they later claim non-receipt of a letter.

If they claim non-receipt, you can say "well, I did offer e-mail, you declined and I have the proof I sent the letter(s)" .....