Mobility Vehicle - Battery replacement within 8 weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just read this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?381413-Ford-Warranty(3-Viewing)-nbsp

A client of mine had a brand new mobility vehicle just before Christmas. Aside from the rather dodgy sales pre-call and then a visit from two operatives the same day, however the deal went though and a mobility vehicle was delivered a few days later for around 3k.

Forward a few weeks and the batter charge light comes on a couple of minutes after setting off, then the charge meter goes into the red soon after.

Company says the battery is duff and it is not a part covered under the manufacturers warranty.

So, not wanting to be stuck at home, my client agrees to a replacement battery at a princely sum of 100 pounds (I hope that includes the fitting)

Is this right or should all items delivered within the year be covered, if not by the manufacturer, by the supplier ? Is there a claim under 'fit for purpose' regs ?

Please move to the correct section if this is not the right one - thanks.

absolute GARBAGE

the battery is covered under SOGA

DONT get fleeced.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Batteries (and tyres) will have a separate warranty from the car manufacturer's as they are manufactured by a different company. But never the less, SOGA will apply so the supplying dealer should supply a replacement battery and then use the warranty of said battery to claim from the respective manufacturer. Obviously trying to pass the buck,

Hi

If this is a Motability vehicle via the Motability Scheme please contact Motability as soon as possible and inform then of this issue.

Make sure you have your customer number and vehicle details to hand and the garages details.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Actually looking at the the '3k' figure the OP says was the cost of it, I'm inclined to agree!

Yes, it's a mid range electric scooter, initially I did ask if this was the right section to post in.

I believe any failure of parts should, like a 'propper' vehicle, be covered under the year (or 2 year EU) guarantee.

That, I don't know. My client was pre-warned about the salesmen knocking on the door though. What difference might it make if it is part of the 'scheme' ?

If it's of any help the same people supplied her with an electric bed (breaking her old one in the process of measuring up) so I doubt is it a Motability scheme, but it could be a sideline business of theirs, you never know.

I should be getting a reply from her daughter later today on the specifics