Claim Form DLC/Hillies old-MBNA credit card *** Settled by Tomlin Order***

Alloyz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Automatically stayed after 28 days Alloyz...a stay can be in place until the claimant makes application to lift the stay.....length of time can vary ..I have known up to 2 years but the longer its left the less chance their application would be successful.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am into my 3rd year of a stayed claim !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am into my 3rd year of a stayed claim !![/quote

Quite possible CB..have you thought of making application and prodding the bear?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I was thinking about it andy.. I might have a chat with you sometime :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

if it has been stayed, then they would have to apply to the court to lift the stay before anything else. if lifted then would continue as norm, unless any further application accompanies for consideration.

if they have responded in time to continue then it would go on to allocation questionnaire first. WS would be after that.

either, subject to any applications.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

DLC have basically wrote to me saying your defence is invalid in 'our opinion'. Good for them...

Anyway, as they have sent me 4 different sets od T&Cs over the years I asked them to confirm which ones were the ones in place at the time of signing the application.

They have replied stating a particular set, which are definitely not ones in place at the time of the application and cannot be the ones for the application (cant believe they havent seen the glowing error on this!!)

They dont seem to have advised the court they wish to proceed as nothing has changed on MCOL and they had until 8th April.

I guess I sit tight and watch this space until contacted by the court or DLC?

Thanks

Alloyz

it is usual for 'them' to say defence is no good please pay up. give the court a call, double check current status. but yes, seems has been stayed if they haven't responded to continue. aside from any admin oversight, why haven't they continued or made any application if your defence was 'invalid'!?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

My thoughts too, but I have absolutely everything in order Ford, and not one set of T&Cs are part of the original agreement (errors in everyone of them to prove not part of the original).

I will email the court today and see what they say.

Thanks

Alloyz

Hi all

It appears Hillesden have not notified the court if they wish to proceed, and the case is stayed.

However I have recieved an email from DLC (parent company) stating the following:-

"You have previously indicated you would like to try and resolve the matter,a nd with this in mind, could you please let me have your proposals within the next few days."

My intended reply is:-

"At present I do not concur you are entitled to the relief claimed and I am therefore unable to offer a proposal at this time."

Any advice would be great

many thanks

Alloyz

Hi Alloyz

If both parties opted for settlement within your Directions Questionnaires (AQ) then you must try to be reciprocate...mediation (ADR) is encouraged by the Courts in all cases and any parties not complying will have sanctions applied should they be successful.Amicable negotiation is the key here and if that fails you proceed.

Regards

Andy

Hi Alloyz

If both parties opted for settlement within your Directions Questionnaires (AQ)......

Hi Andy

Congrats on moderator status, well deserved.

We have not got to the DQ stage yet, they have not advised the court they wish to proceed.

I presume the court would want to see an attempt to resolve though regardless of what stage we are at?

Could you suggest how I approach this? I think my intended approach above is a bit sharp given your advice, but how would I propose a resolution if their paperwork in not compliant?

Don't want to get the judges back up before its even allocated!!

Many thanks

Alloyz

You need to establish what you have to negotiate with - from what I can see the terms and conditions were NOT present at time of signing and the Claimant has had several stabs at trying to reconstruct, unsuccessfully (Harrison v Link)

Was a default notice sent/received and was it valid

Are there any charges or PPI that could be reclaimed/counter claimed.

Would you be in a position to make a small F&F settlement - would you be able to make a one off payment or would you require an instalment plan.

I think this claim is over £5,000 isn't it. Does the new small claim track limit of £10,000 come into play for your claim (if so then if you were to continue to court the costs would be limited)

BCOBS

" I think this claim is over £5,000 isn't it. Does the new small claim track limit of £10,000 come into play for your claim (if so then if you were to continue to court the costs would be limited) "

Claim was issued Feb 2013 CB so no its Fast Track if this proceeds.

The Completion of the DQ is time to access whether mediation is an option...of course mediation is as stated encouraged throughout the process...but the Claimant will have to pay a further fee to submit their DQ so this is the crunch stage and hence their letter or olive branch.

Regards

Andy

Hi CB

You are spot on with the T&C situation. I also have a letter from the OC in response to my solicitors letter to identify the T&C in force at the time (they identify a set- definitely invalid) The new owner have confirmed a different set were in force, 3 times (again definitely invalid)

A DN was served, with less than the recommended days to remedy, and they sold the account within the remedy period.

I could make a F&F or a payment plan.

Their claim is for circa £14.5k so there is some liability for me there I guess.

Do you think I shpuld make a token F&F settlement offer?

Many thanks again for all adivce recieved

Alloyz

[iThe Completion of the DQ is time to access whether mediation is an option...of course mediation is as stated encouraged throughout the process...but the Claimant will have to pay a further fee to submit their DQ so this is the crunch stage and hence their letter or olive branch.

Hi Andy

Would you even reply to their letter of a proposal or wait for the DQ? or reply as per my intended reply? or state I am happy to enter into mediation should the matter proceed?

Thanks

Alloyz

Taking all the facts into account and their sudden offer to attempt mediation I personally would try to explore this option.Unless you get a sound DJ dealing with your defence the Claimants claim would probably succeed (T&Cs and DNs issues are very difficult to argue/convince a run of the mill DJ) and he would probably run with the Overriding Objectives conclusion....its your debt you owe it...pay it.(Plus their FT costs)

I am far from ever throwing the towel in but if a chink appears and their is an exit route that can be escalated to an amicable conclusion then it must be tested.In the same breath you could play devils advocate and assume if they wish to settle are they concerned about their paperwork.....it is possible to argue the points but you must be prepared to research the above cases mentioned by CB whilst balance the risk of Fast Track costs should you fail or get a numpty DJ who just wants you in and out of his court room.

That is what to consider but any response at this stage would not damage or show weakness from a defence stance.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reality check! One more thing before I reply to them.

Would you go into detail as to why their case is flawed? Or keep it vague and make an offer without detailing the issues they have?

Thanks

Alloyz

Play your cards close to your chest Alloyz...test the water.....remember forewarned is forearmed.:wink:

You need to establish what you have to negotiate with - from what I can see the terms and conditions were NOT present at time of signing and the Claimant has had several stabs at trying to reconstruct, unsuccessfully (Harrison v Link)

Was a default notice sent/received and was it valid

Are there any charges or PPI that could be reclaimed/counter claimed.

Would you be in a position to make a small F&F settlement - would you be able to make a one off payment or would you require an instalment plan.

I think this claim is over £5,000 isn't it. Does the new small claim track limit of £10,000 come into play for your claim (if so then if you were to continue to court the costs would be limited)

Thanks CB- Much appreciated

Just remember any offer at this stage must be marked WP.

Thank you, already started with that :)

Could you briefly explain the definition of "Overiding Objectives conclusion" when you have time please. I will be looking it up as well...

Thanks for the input Andy/ CB

Alloyz