Barclays customer stranded abroad with no support from bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I informed barclays that I would be travelling overseas, gave them the location and duration of stay. I am a barclays customer in uk and abroad in the West indies on holiday. My debit card was stolen at airport in uk before reaching my destination. I have stopped card and new 1 has been sent to my uk address.

After many phone calls to my bank, Barclays has failed to help me in any way financially even though I have been a loyal customer for many years.

1 They refused to transfer money from my account to an account of someone else here so that I can reach funds.

2 They said I could only send money to account in my name over here. (In order to open an account here I would need 2 forms of photo ID a Utility bill, which I dont have and an original letter form my bank explaining that I am a customer, No fax I would have had to have brought it with me or wait for it to be posted over)

3) They can send emergency fund to a bank here (No banks here allow this transaction)

4) Moneygram order. In order to transfer money to someone elses account in UK they informed me that at 3:30am UK time I would need to provide them with another banks credit card or debit card detail in order to pass through security (None of which I have on holiday with me) even though I had already given my name account number, sort code and 2 digits of my pass code as requested.

I am without money here and need help can anyone offer any solutions please.

yours sincerely

Barclay-ite Stranded Abroad

Do you have their CCP cover, to monitor your cards etc ( usually free with most Barclays accounts ), if so they will do a money tranfer via western union, no cost, you just have to pay it back within 28 days.

tel. +44 1904 544 666

Alos can you contact a friend to send money via western union to anywhere in the world, takes a day. ( cost about £25 )

Used both in the past when got stuck aboad.