Knowhow refused repair

hammermitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am so angry with knowhow and would like advice as to what legal action i can now take against these people.

I have sent 5 emails - no reply, numerous telephone calls some lasting for more than an hour and still no answers.

I have had a laptop since 2006 and at the same time took out the PC performance insurance policy, paying a regular payment of £9.99 a month without fail for over 6 years now, a total of over £7.000.

i had sent my laptop off for repair several times during september and october 2012, each time it came back with the same fault or sometimes a different fault, and had to be sent back to knowhow.

I recently sent my laptop for repair on the 10th November 2012, knowhow attempted to return my laptop not repaired, when they first attempted this, the driver insisted i must take it as he had no paperwork to take it back and, in his words "it would just be dumped in some warehouse" i still refused to accept it, and the driver took it back.

after waiting several weeks, emails sent, telephone calls made, i heard nothing, i was then told on the phone that my laptop neede a part, they ordered the part, but was told that as the laptop was so old the part was no longer available,

i was told to ring back in 2 days, i was then told, after being on the phone for over 1 hour, that the fault was not covered by my insurance as there was a hole in the case :-x

there was no hole in the case when i sent it off, the problem i told them about was it had no power, it seems Knowhow had changed their mind and this was the first time i even heard of the hole in the case.

i have had enough now, after paying so much for over 6 years and getting no reply from letters, emails or phone calls, i now widh to take legal action and revover all my expenses and costs,

i have contacted BBC watchdog over this, is there any action that can be taken through the OFT or Trading standards?

many thanks

Sharon

ummm 9.99 a month for 6 years...

9.99 * 12 = 119.88 a year

119.88 * 6 = 719.28

where did £7,000 come from?

and i think all communication for refused repair goes through gary perriment...

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

im not sure to be honest. i would assume so, or at least a copy of, i have no idea what the legal address is

there is a pcworld rep on here somewhere called paul, might be worth trying to contact him

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

just one other quick question, did you try appealing the decision?

Please note:

I cant ever get through to them, i have sent 2 letters to Gary Perryment, the last by recorded delivery as they claim they never recieved the first, and still no reply, over 10 emails including 3 to sebastian james, again with no reply, the only time i get through to them is by phoning thay 0844 number every time, many times, and in some cases being on the phone for over 1 hour, this is the only time i have contact with them and they tell me the latest situation.

This is where they told me that my laptop needed a part to repair it, they ordered the part, but were told as the laptop was so old they could not get the part, the guy then told me it was with the write off team and to phone back in 3 or 4 days to find out if they have issued a voucher, when i phoned back i was told that it was with claims investigations and this is when, for the very first time, they have told me there is a hole in the case and it was not covered by my agreement, so far i have had NO letters, NO emails, and NO telephone calls from knowhow, every letter or email i send is unanswered, how can i appeal? to who? when i have never been officially told anything from knowhow.

I have sent knowhow CEO a 7day LBA and will take them to court and not only claim for my laptop but costs as well.

Disgusted by their customer care or complete lack of it, making me telephone 0844 number almost every day to find information on my laptop they have had since the 10th November

ceo is a good start however

i would recommend getting in touch with the rep on the board

if the documents go tothe wrong place the y may be able toget a set aside if you wjn by default

sorry about spelling typing on phone

Please note:

ok, so hardly surprising, but have recieved no reply to my 7 day lba.

so i will now be taking Knowhow to court, could anyone advise if i could stop paying my pc performance standing order for this laptop? i have been paying £9.99 since 2006, knowhow have had my laptop since 10th November 2012 and i continue to pay the £9.99 a month despite the fact it is with knowhow, would this make a difference if i stopped paying it? i gather this is something i could claim for with the court action but i just hate the thought of paying them money for nothing.

also when i make the court claim do i put a name on the court summons, such as sebastian james CEO, or should i just take knowhow to court?

sorry been elsewhere

i have to say im not sure, but i know its an issue if the wrong names on there, you may need to contact paul (hes the pcworld rep) and find out

i would also get the laptop back (its unusual to see them keep it when theres a refused repair they ussually seem to send it straight back) and get an independent report on it that may be able to say where the damage has come from or whats caused it

Please note:

I have sent 2 letters to Gary perryment, 2nd was recorded delivery, and i am telling the truth in that i have recieved NO REPLY to either, i have sent numerous emails to almost every email address available for knowhow, including 3 emails to sebastian james CEO, and again with NO REPLY, the only time i get any information from knowhow is by telephoning that 0844 number, which i have done so many times, and as i have said, often on the phone for over 1 hour, they REFUSE to let me talk to anyone in claims investigation or to anyone in charge, they refuse to give me any other telephone numbers so i can speak to somebody who knows what is going on directly.

Their customer care is disgusting and non existent.

why should i continue to chase them up by constant emails and telephone calls,

i have done everything i can to resolve this and now have very little option but to take them to court, where i will not only claim for replacement of my laptop, that they still have, but will claim for costs, i have an appointment with a solicitor this Wednesday, and am determined to take this all the way, and will let you know the outcome.