RLP Standard letter for a Juvenille

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My 14 year old son was stopped in TKMaxx and accused of shoplifting. He hadn't left the store but was stopped near the tills. Taken to the back and made to confess and sign a banning order. I was called and advised by security that they would give him the benefit of the doubt and let him go. No Police etc called.

Received letter attached which i am currently writing a response too. I am going to deny all liability etc and ask that they forgo the usual barrage of letter and go straight to court. I am not paying a penny and would love to take this further etc.

Is the letter attached the standard letter for a 14 year old , i have read other post which refer to a paragraph about showing the letter to a parent etc. My son got this letter before we did and i found it in his room. Although he is 14 he is only 9 to 10 developmentally and has one or two issues. Although he doesn't understand the letter he does understand parts and it has affected him greatly.

He struggles with suicidal thought and depression, this is just the sort of thing that could push him over the edge.

Its just a shame that this was one of only a handful of occasions where he has been let out with friends and not with us.

All replies greatly received.[ATTACH=CONFIG]40494[/ATTACH]

Mark

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'm glad you found us and thank you for posting the letter.

You'll have gathered that we're not great fans of RLP and their methods and I'm sure the guys will be along later with their views on what you intend to do.

I don't remember seeing 'contribution' before, but interesting the random £137.50 seems to have gone up to £147.50 as per your letter.

Have you seen the report of the Oxford court case? It went rather badly for RLP. It's on the forum here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

Yes i have read the oxford case and lots of other research and forum posts.

I wasn't going to reply to the letter but don't have much else to do while the wife watches Eastenders of an evening.

Standard waffle for RLP - lots of theory and plenty of hints at the hellfire and brimstone which will befall the reader if payment is not forthcoming or if the 'required' response is not forthcoming.

Strongly suggest that you write as you indicate - there has been NO loss to the store, NO diversion of personnel causing loss to the business and this will never go near a Court. RLP will almost certainly read this thread anyway and will quote chunks of text to illustrate how CAG gives bad advice and how we are under criminal investigation, but the fact is that they will try anything to make their profit out of this unfortunate incident above all else.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If you are so inclined you can ask for a copy of the CCTV footage to show where your son was stopped and by whom etc. It is a shame the police werent called as them a "responsible adult" would have to be in attendance and their methods of stopping your son may have been called into question at the time. It cannot be said he was leaving without paying with any certainty at this stage, even though he hadnt paid for them by the time he was stopped.

Agree that the letter from RLP is solely to keep them in business.

They might turn you down for it, unless you send them a SAR. Some companies even consider CCTV as confidential company documents.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

To be honest, the only thing i would send RLP is this:

Reference: xxxxxx

Dear RLP idiots,

In regards to the above "account", any liability to you or your partners is DENIED.

Should you correspond with me again on this matter, i will not hesitate to pursue legal action against you for continued and unwarranted harassment.

Sincerley

xxxx

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D