DFS broken sofas ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, here I am another DFS customer with three broken sofas!

We purchased our "Oskar" sofas from dfs 2 years ago, Sunday the largest sofa broke in half and the arms on the two other sofas move in and out all the time.

The dfs "upholsterer" advised they are all faulty and the largest sofa should of been built with a foot in the middle as its too long to support itself.

They have offered to come out and strip all thre sofas apart to see what the problem is. He couldn't fix it then as the problems too big and has offered to come back after his holiday with a colleague!

We do not want theses repairs we want our money back. We spent nearly £6000 on these sofas they should not need repairing after two years surely!

Unfortunately you not entitled to a refund after 2 years. You are however entitled to a repair or replacement if they are unable to repair or the cost of repair is disproportionate.

So as it stands DFS has been out to inspect and they state they will be returning to carry out repairs, is this correct?

Unfortunately you not entitled to a refund after 2 years. You are however entitled to a repair or replacement if they are unable to repair or the cost of repair is disproportionate.

So as it stands DFS has been out to inspect and they state they will be returning to carry out repairs, is this correct?

Hi, yes that is correct.

The have said they will take the arms off all the sofas and rebolt them on and repair the large sofa by replacing the frame and doing a middle foot. (Surely under our rights that means its a fault a time of purchase?)

Thanks for your reply.

Hi, yes that is correct.

The have said they will take the arms off all the sofas and rebolt them on and repair the large sofa by replacing the frame and doing a middle foot. (Surely under our rights that means its a fault a time of purchase?)

Thanks for your reply.

Even if there was a fault at point of sale you would still only be entitled to a repair or replacement.

The only time a refund was possible is if you had rejected the item due to a fault very shortly after purchase.

To be honest it does seem like they are trying to repair the items which is what is required of them.

Even if there was a fault at point of sale you would still only be entitled to a repair or replacement.

The only time a refund was possible is if you had rejected the item due to a fault very shortly after purchase.

To be honest it does seem like they are trying to repair the items which is what is required of them.

Thank you again..

Are we entitled to refuse repairs and ask for a replacement?

I am concerned that you are unhappy with your furniture and would like the opportunity to personally speak to you regarding this.If you could call me on 01302 330 365 and I will be more than happy to discuss this matter with you.Kind regardsMatthew HowarthCustomer Service - DFS

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this post, once I received the reply from Matthew I did indeed contact him.

After contacting DFS Head Office the Branch General Manager came out and looked at the sofas, once again a repair was offered.

So I got back in touch with Head Office who offered for us to go into store and choose three new replacement sofas which we did.

They are part of the country living range which is apparently a lot better made, and boy it feels it!

DFS were great with me I must say and I have been more than happy with the service I have received since escalating my complaint and going via Head Office.

I would actually recommend them now!

Thank you Matthew and all the rest of the staff, everyone we dealt with were great and our sofas also arrived a couple of weeks early! Couldn't be happier. :)

Glad your happy with the result, hopefully your new sofa's will last a lot longer :thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert