Any advice about cash genie please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, its my 1st time posting but im desperate for some help. Sorry in advance for the long post.

Back in 2010 I had a loan for £150 from cash genie, I'd had loans from them before without any issues, anyway I had a car accident, was off work and couldnt afford to pay the full amount of £195 so I set up a repayment plan of £50 pcm and they would freeze the interest, after the 1st 2 payments I noticed they were still charging £45 pcm interest so I didnt pay anymore. One morning I woke up, checked my online banking and they had taken everything I had in my account. In total I had now paid £216 back.

I started to get emails from carter forbes threatening court action, I replied that as far as I was concerned I had paid and I wouldnt be paying anymore and I cancelled my bank card. I thought that was the end of it.

Yesterday there was £1200 missing from my bank which was for my Grandfathers funeral, I thought i'd been a victim of credit card fraud, I phoned the bank and they said it was cash genie and because id used them in the past they couldnt class it as fraud.

My cash genie account said loan amount £150, total repaid £1400.

Cash genie admitted they got my card details from a sister site and offered to give me £681 which I accepted in desperation, but I want the rest back,

Do I have any rights here?

Any advice at all please I'd be so grateful

Ok. name and shame your bank. They are well out of line and are technically complicit in theft. CG know that they stole it, and gave you half of it to try and squirm their way out of it.

If i were you, i would get in touch with trading standards, the OFT, the police, and Stella Creasy MP. Stella will be able to highlight this in the national press. Especially since CG seems to be doing it a hell of a lot now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi, thank you for your reply,

I bank with Natwest (for now anyway), I told the bank and cash genie it was fraud as I never gave my bank details to cash genie but felt I was fighting a losing battle, they bank said it hadnt cleared at the time but they wouldnt cancel it. I'm livid, the banks are supposed to protect your money, but I dont know where to start.

Sorry to sound thick but what is OFT?

Thank you x

Forget what the front line desk idiots at natwest say. The law says the complete opposite.

OFT is the regulator for the finance industry. As for protecting your money, i take it you havent seen the news over the last year with barclays, RBS and satander...

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Honestly i would keep everything in writing now and get it signed for. Also issue a full complaint with everyone i mentioned earlier. The bank is well out of order, and indeed acting illegally when they say " because you had a prior relationship with this creditor, we cant perform a full refund".

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...