£1000 phone bill!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After returning from abroad I logged on to my internet bank to find that T-mobile had billed me for £650 with a promise to take a further £400 next month. When contacted, I explained to T-mobile that I did not use my mobile at all abroad except a couple of texts. I was told that I was wrong and have to pay. There explanation was that I probably called my answer phone alot! They added that their system was infalable, didn't make mistakes, and there was no way to appeal this bill. I have since filed an indemnity claim through my bank who were very helpful, but i'm worried that this unpaid sum will effect my credit rating. What rights do I have to stop them pursuing me and passing this onto debt collectors?

Hi napier

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Firstly, what are the charges for? Texts, calls, data? Have you got a copy of your bill for those amounts?

From the sounds of it, you have been charged for using data whilst abroad, that or answering a lot of calls (again, whilst abroad). The only thing I can think of is to write to T-Mobile and ask them to look at removing the £400 element as a goodwill considering the unusually high amount and that you have paid over half!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!

Also, aswell as if you'd veen the bill and what it is for, can I ask "abroad" where?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar