Landlady Wants us to clean the house we moving into

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

im hoping someone can help , my landlady has done so many things

Because the person i rent with is friends with this woman she is taking (i feel) advantage of the fact ,

we wanted a property which was cheaper for us so she said she had another one and we said great and are due to move in tomorrow but she wants to :

Come into the house we are at now today to rip up carpets because the new tenants want to lay new carpets down

The house we are due to move into tomorrow is filthy she said she didnt have time to clean it so said we have to !

there is drawings all over the walls etc

the house we are in now she NEVER fixed anything we asked the back door key was stuck in the back door so i have had to jump over a wall to get in if the person i live with has the front door key

one day i was in bed and she walked into the bedroom she let herself in ,her excuse was "i thought you had abondoned the house" which is total lies ,it was because we didnt answer the phone to her the night before as we were in bed early

yesterday she gave the person i live with black bags and told her to clean out the person living there before us all her belongings and put them in the bag !!

its hard because the person i live with is friendly with her and didnt want a bond before we moved in she feels bad for saying something to her

any suggestions would really help cos i dont have a clue about all this

thanks in advance

steve

IMHO you should take lots of photographs of the property as it is at the moment.

Is the landlady prepared to offer a reduction in your first month's rent ?

You might want to have a word with Shelter to see if they have anything to advise.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No she hasnt offered any help she just expects us to do it because she knows we both hate confrontation but my sister said she will confront her as its awkward for the person i live with cos she is friendly with her ,

i live in wales , i would happily stop renting from this woman but the prices of bonds to move into a rented accomadation i just cannot afford as i had an accident in 2006 and have metal rods in my back so i am on jobseekers

thank you for your reply ,very kind of you

steve

Tell her you are happy to clean it and will deduct £200 from the first months rent to cover expenses and your time. Bet she changes her mind and does something about it then.

The landlord is not your friend, it is a business arrangement not a friendship.