Advice on a Defaulted bank account on my credit report...

J4g3d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so many years ago i decided it was cool to have 5 or 6 bank accounts. I cannot remember what happened but for some reason my old natwest account (i never or hardly ever used). Defaulted for £123 in 2008. I opened the account in 2006.

I have written directly to natwest many times but they are making things very difficult and demanding i give them the sort code and account number which i no longer have. I have sent them a copy of the default on my credit report..ect.

The argument i have is, i moved house just before the account was defaulted. I have given natwest proof of this and so my argument is i never did receive any letters or phone calls advising my bank account was due a payment or risk getting closed/defaulted.

My second argument is, what was the reason/proof/evidence the account went -£123. And if there is a debt please supply details on the debt agency who is chasing myself for the debt.

As it stands natwest will not even answer my 2 questions or supply me any information at all.

Q1 to you guys - What can i do now to try get the default notice removed? should i argue the fact i didnt receive any notices be sufficient enough proof to get the default removed? if i pay the debt which in all honesty is pennies really, will the default be REMOVED or will it show on my credit report that i had a defaulted account but its now settled? And finally... the account defaulted 2008 IF i pay it off today for instance here in 2012 will it stay on my credit report for 6 years from TODAY or 6 years from the default in 2008?? The reason i ask is if the latter (stays on for another 6 years from 2012) it may be better for me to wait 2 years and it will automatically be wiped from my credit report anyway?

hi

default will drop 6 years from date placed. it will show as "settled/satisfied"

The ICO says that the default SHOULD be placed no longer than 6 months from last payment/cause of default. If this is the case you could dispute that.

If you are that bothered you could SAR them for ALL details but will cost you £10

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

You cannot really blame the creditor for placing a default, they had been unable to contact you as you failed to up date your details with them.

If you pay the debt the entry will be marked satisfied and will remain on file for the balance of the six year period.

As to getting the details a Subject Access Request under The Data Protection Act 1998 will require the creditor to supply all data they hold on you.

In this case you MUST supply ALL addresses you had during the life of the account, the barnch that held the account from which they can easily find the sort code.

The SAR must be addressed to the data controller accompanied by thye £10 statutory fee ( a cheque clearly marked for STATUTORY FEE ONLY).

They have fourty days from the day they recieve the request to comply.

Send the SAR recorded delivery and check delivery.

Use the template letter from the CAG library.

A default stays on file 6 years from the default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: