Furniture ombudsman or trading standards?

hilaryfrances
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would think so. The cushions atre not detachable though and it's one big panel of leather covering the cushions you sit on and the frame, going to the floor. I think that the main problem is that he did not put it back together properly and the leather is now too lose. It looks like the cushions were in a big leather bag.

Whats happend is the cushion panel that was ripped has been replaced back at his place so good so far then he had to refill said cushion.this is how it all went wrong the cushion would have been filled by machine at the factoty when first made as its a fixed in place with straps and stapples would have held this in place. God Knows how he got to undo this lot in the first place without taking the bottem lineing off as well as this is a fixed cushion onto the frame.

Look like he was having problems coudnt do it stuffed it all in hopeing you would not notice.

This is pretty much what I think about that. With age it's only going to get worse.

I had a leather sofa from home based before. Cheep and cheerful. And so far it looked and served is much better. After 4 years of using it it looked better than my 1 month old sofas look. I'm very disappointed because we spend do much money. We really feel ripped off.

From what I understand apart from the mess he made of replacing said fixed cushion I'm guessing the seat cushions the back cushions and arms are filled with hollow fibers same sort of stuff pillows are filled with pumped with air so when you see them on show or in pictures the sofas look big and chunky but after time with use the air is slowly squeezed out and you end up with cushions that look like flat baggy pan cakes.