Can't get my refund back from Shiply after removal company didn't turn up!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've used my builder.com before and it was great, so when I saw shiply.com I thought it might be a good idea. I posted my job for a full house removal about 6 weeks before the moving day. I talked to several companies asking lots of questions, being honest about items I didn't feel would be reflected in the shiply inventory. I choose Noasim removals, arranging the proposed move date (obviously we hadn't exchanged so ti wasn't final) and that they would come the day before and pack. Shiply asked that I pay a deposit on agreeing the quote of £112, which I did.

I spoke with Noasim a couple of times up to the date and was told there were no problems and not to worry. Their reviews seemed good on shiply too. The week before it started to worry me, they didn't seem to remember the job, then when they did they changed it from a 7.5 tonner to a luton box, which I said would not be enough, then they said they wouldnt pack the day before but first thing 7am in the morning. This concerned me greatly and when I spoke with the company there were alarm bells, the girl in the office said that Noah didn't talk about money with her and would only accept cash, and then digging around I saw that while Shiply said they were insured, infact they only did that on request.

On the day, after a sleepless night worrying, Noah had his phone turned off, They didnt' turn up, they were coming from swindon (3 hrs drive away) and at 9.30am evenutally I got hold of them, we are in a chain and so had to be out by 2pm. He hadn't left, lied about the vehicle, about where he was etc, told me I'm being over the top! He would not have been there till after lunch, if at all....we had no choice but to hire 2 luton's ourselves, pack everything and by boxes in about 3 hours....it was exhausting and so stressful...they were classic cowboys.

But when eventually BT set up our phone we called shiply only to hear that if I wanted a refund it would have to be in 28 days from the quote - that was before our move date!!!! And then when they did refund it was to a shiply account - I will never ever use that company again, it's a removal company NOT a consumer goods company so effectively they stole my refund! I was amazed that after the awful experience with a company that they put me onto they would be so unreasonable.

I guess they could say there is some small print but both the 28 days from quote and refunding only to a shiply account mean that cowboy removals loose nothing by stitching you up, and I wasn't able to put negative feedback to warn others! Worse still, it is unmoral and downright sneeky way that shiply try to keep your deposit, personally companies that use those tactics make money are shameful. Let customers pay for honest services and when they are let down then refund them. Hell, I might have used the company again, now I'm telling everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

• 2 months later...
I Hell, I might have used the company again, now I'm telling everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

Likewise, the £30 they are withholding as a "credit note" is small fry compared to the loss of revenue from the number of people who I will make sure gets visibility of the issues surrounding this company. Companies like this think they are untouchable however their user agreement appears to be full of holes. They make the assumption (and this comes from the horses mouth) that you don't talk to yellow pages if you get an issue with a 3rd party company, instead you contact the company, however there are 2 important factors here, 1) Yellow Pages don't charge you a fee and deposit and then withhold your refund as a "credit note" 2) If the 3rd party company doesn't receive the deposit payment then how can you take legal recourse against them to ensure return of the money?