fos PPI - is it really end of line if did not complain to them within 6 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has anyone got their ppi claim back despite not escalating it to the FOS within the 6 months.

We received a letter back in 2008 from Halifax saying that they had done nothing wrong and that we had not been missold. We believed them (stupidly) and I did not take it any further.

With the media coverage I tried to start it up again with FOS and Halifax but halifax would not reopen and FOS would not go with it.

nb FOS have been terrible. I sent them info from FSA website about banks having to reopen previously rejected cases, they said would look into it. I didn't chase as thought they were and a month and a half later contacted and another officer said the case was closed the person had just failed to tell me and in fact just emailed saying she would be in touch after looking at all I'd sent.

Our case is cast iron I know now. My husband has always been self employed and has had ppi on loans, mortgage and credit cards and so the amount owed is substantial.

Can I go to court?>? Or should I give up now. Will the court just say you've gone past this stupid 6 months etc.

nb I'm sure they could not today agree with what they have written in their letter in 2008 as haven't they mostly agreed they have missold these things. ie in 2008 Halifax policy was clearly to write 'lies' and not admit any misselling.

Help - am at last stage and Would try small claims court but not if I'm not sure if we'd get anywhere.

thank you

Could always start a new claim by Sar ing them. Would just act like a new request.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 7 months later...

I'm in the same position with RBS & FOS. I initially made a compalint to RBS in 2009 and was refused. Following the news the banks had lost, I filed a complaint to the FOS. After waiting for nearly a year, (I know they have been over whelmed with complaints) I received a telephone call telling me that because I had not complained within the 6 months of the bank's final decision my case would not be valid. I now have 21 days to appeal with new evidence, I'm at a bit of a loss as I was told that the fact the banks had lost the case was not good enough evidence. I'm beginning to think this is a easy way for the FOS to reduce their caseloads. I'm, a public sector worker and would not have been able to claim.

• 4 weeks later...

Start the process again and send in a new complaint to Halifax as you probably have a lot more on them than you did in 2008. Wait again for a final response and then go to the FOS. Just because one claim failed it doesn't mean you can't go to them again for the same company and the issues with it. Even if you win a case they tell you make another claim and complaint for each cause. Write again to the bank and lay it down to them. It can't be a final decision until they have looked at everything you have given them and that includes anything new that you have and any SAR. Don't take no for an answer from the FOS, keep appealing at every stage.