Birmingham Midshires ERC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks seminole,

Firstly they sent me 12 sheets of paper, the first is a transaction codes list and the other 11 are "loan inquiry history sheets"

Terminology on them are: CAPITALISATION and ASSESS FESS. under some of the assess fees are things like CACS fee which I assume are similar to the bank charges. These total about 6k. And that is for a period from oct 01 to dec 02, I will pursue the other years when I've got this sorted out................but, now heres the nitty gritty HALIFAX repossessed the house, they gained a repossession order on the day that we were due to sign contracts to sell, ( and they then sold to our buyer) althought we had spoke to them the day before and told them the sale was going ahead, they forgot to tell us they had got a date for the repossession hearing and of course we didn't show, once this was all settled we applied to have the repossession order "set aside" when WE went to court and showed the judge he found in out favour which allowed us to sue HALIFAX and win back all the court costs etc. You notice I keep highlighting HALIFAX, thats because we wrote to Halifax (who bought out birminham midshire) and it is BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRE who has responded with these print outs. Any advice?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Sent BM a letter stating they had not conformed with my request and was giving them 14 days to comply or contacting the FSA, lo and behold got all the statements!!!! The charges add up to a jaw dropping £16K, now for the bad news, the dates are 1/12/1989 to 3/12/02.

Now as this a mortgage account I believe I can go back 12 yrs, so is that from now or when the account was closed? and can I start my claim from when the charges started ( I was clear for the first 2 yrs).

Now for the nitty gritty dotted all through these statements are various terms that I've never heard of...........assess fees etc but a new one is "stipulated interest" I rang BM and they have never heard of it, but they did say this harks back from Halifax days, the interesting thing there is Halifax are the ones that took us to court for repossession ( see earlier posts) the history there is we had an initial mortgage with BM then hailfax "bought " them out!!!!

Anyone?

Your claim is from now going back 12 years. You need to write and request what all the assess fees and other fees relate to.

As i stated in my thread BM mask their charges.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Thanks Paul

I must have got lucky because I checked out BMs website and under the contact us page was able to e-mail the MD (yea right) but I got a response within 2 hrs and they are sending me a written explanation for all these charges.

• 1 year later...

Why has Gordon Brown bailed out the banks and big business and not look at the man in the street who can not be bailed out by the government - seems a bit strange as they messed up the system not the man in the street.

Anybody care to give me a reply

• dx100uk changed the title to bm