Just Add Fuel agreement with Peugeot. termination?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice regarding the early termination of my Just Add Fuel agreement with Peugeot.

I took the scheme out last August, and at the time knew that a year later there could be the possibility of moving abroad, I was told at the time by the dealer that this wouldn't be a problem and that I was free to give the car back at no extra cost whenever I wanted.

I am now going to be moving away for 2 years from August so contacted Peugeot to begin the process of returning the car. The lady on the phone was very positive about it and said I would recieve a letter in a few days.

I just recieved the letter however which states that in order to return the car I have to pay £3,380 and that in order to return the car I have to send a cheque with that amount. I feel so angry because I was completely misled at the time of taking the agreement out to think that I wouldn't have to pay anything else (I have already paid a deposit and £217 per month). Had I been aware of this situation at the time I wouldn't have gone through with the agreement and I wondered whether I have any rights to avoid paying this. I don't have that money available but can't leave the car if I am away for 2 years.

Has anyone been through this or does anyone have any advice? I'm really worried about it