style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received one of these for parking my car on a drive for which i am part owner , we have houses to the rear to which there is a gate allowing them access to the rear of there gardens off their road , so they have no use of the gate on our drive so not stopping any access to properties. nobody called asking for access at my property and have been parking like this for over 4 years with no problems should i take to court.

HI

The drive can provide access to rear properties but they have a seperate access that can and is used by themselves which is actually on the road they live in .

we have owned our property for over 20 years and on our deeds clearly shows the access drive in jointly on myself and neighbours boundries , we started parking there

approx 4 years ago as nobody used the gate to drive vehicles through .(access can and is used on foot even when my car is parked ) the gate can fully open and be used

even if using wheel barrows etc when car is parked .any vehicle apart from a lorry can use second gate although the rear is unsuitable for lorry size vehicles any way.

hope that is enough info . cheers

Having re-read your posts, you haven't said definitively that you actually own the driveway?

Assuming you are sure of that, I would phone the police and ask to speak to the PC who issued the FPN (his number should be on the ticket) and ask him why the ticket was issued to a vehicle parked on private land owned by you.

I suspect it may be following a complaint from one of the rear properties who have assumed mistakenly (or maybe not) they have a right of access across your land