style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked on a car park by a local river not realising there was now a charge, there didn't used to be. I am a support worker and had gone to support a young man who was taking part in a water activity, I genuinely did not notice the signs until I left...my parking would have been paid by my employer so I had no reason to not pay.

I received a parking charge notice to owner through the post £60 if paid by today £90 if not and £120.00 if not paid for 20 days. I just do not have this money...I don't know whether to appeal, just offer to pay what the parking would have been etc I have seen many similar posts but most people have just overstayed rather than not had a ticket at all.

Any advice please. Denise:|

It makes no odds whether it was an "overstay" or a "failure to pay" in the first place as to if you have to pay their speculative invoice.

Do not appeal (it will be unsuccessful)

Do not reply to their letters

Do not pay them

dont pay a penny its a speculative invoice (if it is a private car park) they may send a few threatening letters but once they realise you arent going to pay they give up and move onto another person, just look around the forum you will see that they rely on the threats of increase charges to get you to pay up, dont enter into any correspondence with them because surprisingly your appeal will fail. and it only encourages them to write even more to you. keep any correspondence they send but just ignore it

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I previously had a parking ticket from parking eye when i hadn't reaslised that the car park in particular had started charging. The thing was, i had no knowledge of the ticket as i moved house shortly after and it wasn't until about 6 months later than the new owners of the house kindly dropped some mail into my place of work for me. The ticket was by then, already months old and i worried about it for a while. I had more stressing financial diffuclties and to be honest, buried my head in the sand about it and have ignored it. I'm afraid to say they may or may not have kept on posting further demands to my previous address but i have no knowledge of this. The incident date was now 2 years ago and i still haven't looked into although still have the letter somewhere. I will be checking my experian credit file for some things later this evening and let you know if they have marked anything down on there. Like padja said, they may not be able to but a note on your report and i would then simply write to them stating that their signs were not visible enough and in your experience of htis parking facility, the charging structure had never been in place previously. Either that or ignore it.

I will post again later.

I previously had a parking ticket from parking eye when i hadn't reaslised that the car park in particular had started charging. The thing was, i had no knowledge of the ticket as i moved house shortly after and it wasn't until about 6 months later than the new owners of the house kindly dropped some mail into my place of work for me. The ticket was by then, already months old and i worried about it for a while. I had more stressing financial diffuclties and to be honest, buried my head in the sand about it and have ignored it. I'm afraid to say they may or may not have kept on posting further demands to my previous address but i have no knowledge of this. The incident date was now 2 years ago and i still haven't looked into although still have the letter somewhere. I will be checking my experian credit file for some things later this evening and let you know if they have marked anything down on there. Like padja said, they may not be able to but a note on your report and i would then simply write to them stating that their signs were not visible enough and in your experience of htis parking facility, the charging structure had never been in place previously. Either that or ignore it.

I will post again later.

They can not mark your credit file at all.

All you have done is ignore a begging letter for you to pay them some money.

In my case they sent me 2 letters with pictures of my car , i ignored the letters and nothing more was heard from them.

If you contact them in any way it just encourages them to send more junk mail. They are not interested in what you have to say, all they want is your money!

hello all:-)

The only way your credit rating would be effected would be if the case goes to court , you lose and THEN you fail to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. This is such a remote possibility that it's not worth worrying about.

Of course it's OK, you have the Law on your side, besides, their is no legal obligation, or otherwise, that says you must respond to letters put through your door, least of all anything stating you have to read them!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

can you help my son received a penalty from parking eye for a 47min stay on easter sunday evening at our local river 60.00 if paid then 90.00 then 120.00 now have received 2 letters of notice of litigation from debt collectors plus they do seem like a real company and very scary. now if the driver {who was not the registered keeper} had not attempted to pay i would not mind so much but twice they attempted to pay entering registration etc then inserting money it took money twice but no ticket. we appealed and they ignored so we wrote to the owners of the land i well known trust in norfolk said they would look into it. 5 weeks went by heard nothing assumed it was all over but unfortunately not!!! the authority who own the land said parking eye asked and there were no reported faults,no because we did not at time report it as tourist information board at this time was closed s in their oppinion if it was not reported then no fault was found great!! the woman at the trust said that we could still pay the original 60.00 but parking eyes debt collector demanding 140.00 {where did they get this figure from?] my son wants to pay it as he does not want a court action taken against him please please help what should i do oh and the letters convinently come by second class post so arrive after each deadline anyway HELP i know everyone says ignore but they do not seem to give up now have until 18/06 to pay or litigation will proceed!!!!!

For a start it's not a "penalty" and your son owes them nothing. They may be a "real company" but that doesn't change the fact that they cannot demand money ioke this. The case will never go to court and "debt collectors" are just private individuals with no more power than you or me to demand money off people. If you read the other posts on this thread you will see what I am going on about. So chill out and don't worry.

thanks but just because debt collectors have no real powers do not mean that they will not issue a ccj against him and threats of bailiffs really scary i moved into a flat years ago and on the second day bailiffs turned up for the previous occupent and pushed their way in and starting grabbing things!! this was terrifying and it was not even my debt, they also said that if i was lucky i was there they had the right to brake in and help themselves. should i at least try writing to debt collection plus and appeal again as they do show on their web site lots of cases they have issued ccjs on people, i know you say chill but as you can see i am a worryer although i have noticed that evey time i appeal aletter on that exact date is sent out!!!

For a CCJ to be issued the case has to go to court, you lose and THEN you don't pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days.This is such a remote possibility that it's not worth worrying about. Please don't confuse bailiffs with debt collectors. Stop taking this matter seriously. You are falling into a trap they are setting. They are trying to scare you into paying money you do not owe them.

If that does happen then there are plenty of people on here that will help you. But, as I said . it's just such a remote possibility that it's not worth worrying about. Parking companies don't need to go to court because so many people get scared into paying up that they make their money that way. That's why this and other forums are here to spread the truth about private parking tickets.

Yes please please please try and ignore these fools, there is absolutely NO legal obligation to give them any money, they are simply conning people into paying money they do not owe, have a look around and you will see that this is just an elaborate con that the government even says should not be paid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/10/parking_tickets.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi tajezza. I didn't ever get the original request for payment i don't think, they had been sending letters to my previous add. I have today checked my dwpdpgamwpdpmpt and i can't see they have put anything on it. Like previous advice, i don't think they will act upon their scare tactics as if they did, i surely would have something recorded. U have tried to pay. If they do take u to court, u have this defence at least but my guess, it won't come to that. Let us know how u get on.

hi thanks for all your emails but saturday received two more letters one from parking eye stating that "you did not meet the criterria of the landlords of the car park (ie whittlingham trust) to have a succesful appeal" and that they would hold off more action for 14 days for me to gather evidence to proove i paid!!! the heck am i supposed to do that!! and on the same day a letter from debt collections plus telling my son that they would accept a reduced amount of 112.00 if paid in 7 days then the same letter came through again on saturday. they really are not going to give up and why did it take them all this time to respond to the appeal anyway i cannott ignore this as they say it is going to litigatin and i beleive it actually will we have now han 10 letters from them told you i would be the unlucky one. seriously though i really do need some help on how to make this stop it is making me ill!

oh and i forgot mention that someone i know ho got one of their letters in june the same car park had their appeal heard in 2 days and was let off as a good will gesture,she had no more evidence than we did now that really adds insult to injury!!! how canthey let one person off and others they persicute

Hi tajezza I started this thread as I also received payment demands for parking at Whittlingham Lane. I do not have the money to pay so am just going to ignore and hope to god everyone on here is right. I will just go with the flow. I do not have the money so end of story. I am sorry its making you ill, I'm sure you will get lots of support from this site. You are not alone.

Please stop taking this bunch of clowns seriously. They are not the police or the council , but a two-bit private company with no more right than you or me to demand money off people. From now on ignore and stop worrying. They are not worth it..

Edited by DBC

anyway i cannott ignore this as they say it is going to litigatin and i beleive it actually will we have now han 10 letters from them .

10 letters and yet they still haven't issued a claim....... because they never will. It's all bluff.

seriously though i really do need some help on how to make this stop it is making me ill!

It will stop without doing anything...... eventually when they get fed up. Just treat their letters as you would any junk mail

hi thanks for all your emails but saturday received two more letters one from parking eye stating that "you did not meet the criterria of the landlords of the car park (ie whittlingham trust) to have a succesful appeal" and that they would hold off more action for 14 days for me to gather evidence to proove i paid!!!

Do you really think that if they thought they had the slightest chance of taking your son to court and winning their case they would send you letter after letter after letter?

the heck am i supposed to do that!!

Never how are you supposed to do that, why would you even think about gathering 'evidence' to produce to a private company?

and on the same day a letter from debt collections plus telling my son that they would accept a reduced amount of 112.00 if paid in 7 days then the same letter came through again on saturday.

This letter from the company that you believe is so determined to take your son to court, think about that, if their case was so solid why would they accept a reduced amount?

they really are not going to give up

How do you know they are not going to give up?

I have had 35 of these tickets and all the threats and more that you have experienced, I ignored all of them and do you know what they did? Nothing, zero, zilch they moved onto to someone else.

and why did it take them all this time to respond to the appeal anyway

Because they are not interested in your 'appeal', there is no appeal, they are just making you sweat and it's working.

I cannott ignore this as they say it is going to litigatin

Well if 'they say it's going to litgation' that must be it then. Because we all know they wouldn't tell lies now would they. The Nigerian [problematic] must have a great day with you with all the countless millions they want to give you.

and i beleive it actually will we have now han 10 letters

If you believe them:jaw:Then best pay up quick before they offer you another discount !

from them told you i would be the unlucky one.

How are you the 'unlucky one', surely with 35 tickets from these clowns over the years if anyone was going to be the unlucky one it would be me. You have had nothing that I did not receive, that I ignored.

seriously though i really do need some help on how to make this stop it is making me ill!

You have had all the advice you need, it now comes down to a simple choice, either follow the advice given and front it out, or cave in and give them your money, even that does not always make them go away, there have been instances where people have paid and the company has come back asking for more with stories of, 'missed deadlines' etc. Your choice, there is no magic formula for making them go away.

Regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.