style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Liverpool city council are pursuing me and my husband for unpaid community charges dating from this time 1991/1992..

.. They say a liability order was granted in 1995/1996 AND PUT IN THE HANDS OF JOHN CRILLY AND SONS BAILIFS.......

.. I have been in dispute with the council over these claims for a long time me writing to them and them replying through the complaints procedure

and out of the blue i started getting letters from a debt collection agency (newlyn) asking for me to pay and

i wrote and explained to them that i was still in dispute with the council over this matter and asking the council to provide the liability order..

. After several letters going back and forth not getting any questions answered i have heard nothing since january of this year..

. Out of the blue yesterday a bailiff knocked (rossendales) at our door and said i owe x amount community charge and can i pay it..

...i told him that we disputed the owed money and had been in contact with the council over this and as far as i was concerned thought it was sorted.

He said he would sit in the car contact the council and write me a letter would post it through the door when he had done this

it took him over an hour with him sitting in the car outside my front door...

.. He never showed me any warrant or liability order and the letter states that hi is going off a liability orders dated feb1995 and april 1996.

..the letter also states i have 5 days to pay the outstanding amount

also i must mention i am disabled and am worried that they might take my car......

Can they still do this if they cant show me a warrant or liability order

i firmly beleive i do not owe this amount

please please can anyone advise me asap thank you

Edited by karonsfab5
MISSED SOMETHING OUT

There was a very similar post yesterday. Tell them to get lost. They need to produce the liability order. It is not good enough to simply say that one was issued.

Have a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?351866-Community-Charge-Arrears-from-22-years-ago!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They can't take your car given your circumstances. They have no legal document (liability order) to proceed with.

Suggest that you involve your nearest Citizens Advice bureau or if they can't assist you within a few days, contact your local MP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I suggest you take the matter up with your local Councillor as a good starting point, or as UB says cab if you can get an appointment before Xmas and definately your MP. Your car and goods are safe they cannot remove or threaten to remove them unless they have legal backing...and they don't.

WD