claiming tax credits as a single person, but sharing house..

sazzajw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 years ago i was at a very low point in my life, i was upto my eyeballs in debt and being stalked and beat up by an ex partner, a very good family friend offered to let me come stay with him for a few months, so i could escape the stalker and sort myself out, and i've been here ever since, because basically i'm quite happy here, kids are settled, and it works well, me and kids more or less have house to ourselves, my landlord works 4 shifts on and 4 shifts off and when he isn't here he spends a lot of time visiting friends in milton keynes, he is single and also gay.

Now tax credits have written to me saying they have evidence another person lives here and why am i not making a joint claim..and i have to prove we are not a couple? i'm just wondering how i do that? all bills are in his name, i pay him £120 a month direct debit to cover my half of council tax,gas and electricity and then give him £50 a week, we buy our own food.I'm worried they are not going to believe we not couple, stop my benefits and claim back the last 2 years tax credits i have recieved. I don't know what to do

Hi and welcome to the CAG.

You need to be perfectly honest with them and tell them what you have told us on here.

I am sure it would not take much investigation to realise you were telling the truth.

I am sure others will help before long.