Backdoor CCJ Arrows/Cater - Old Lloyds Card debt - set aside ***Claim Struck Out***

maybelate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just bringing the P.o.C forward for reference:-

The POC is as follows:

The claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement which is now all due and payable. The defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but has failed to do so, and the claimant claims the sum of xxxx. The claimant also claims interest thereon pursuant to s.69 county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to 0.00

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No that seems fine and to the point and refutes their claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've received an AQ, which I need to complete. I've looked through the notes on how to complete an N150 and looked at other threads etc. but I'm still unsure what to put for certain answers as the ones I have read are slightly different to my circumstances, can anyone help please?

What should I put for A,C, D (I originally made an application to have the default judgement set aside, which it has been, do I need to put this?). The claim is for £4999 + costs, is that small track? E Haven't got a clue how long the trial or final hearing will take. G do I put anything? H I don't pay a fee do I?

Sorry I don't seem to know how to fill much of it in do I?:!:

Post# 15 here MBL done yesterday, edit to suit:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354548-Carter-and-Arrow-what-s-next

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, I did see the above post, thank you, and have used the main body to complete my AQ, but have a couple of questions:

A - Do I also say that I would like to settle the claim before the hearing?

D - Do I mention that I made an application to have the default judgement set aside?

Track - Do I say small claims?

E - How long should I say that I think the hearing will take?

Thank you

Maybe

Hi Andy, I did see the above post, thank you, and have used the main body to complete my AQ, but have a couple of questions:

A - Do I also say that I would like to settle the claim before the hearing? Well you set a side for the reasons of bad service if you accept the debt is correct then the offer of settlement will always go in your favour.

D - Do I mention that I made an application to have the default judgement set aside? No the AQ is present day

Track - Do I say small claims? If less than 5K yes

E - How long should I say that I think the hearing will take? IF SCT then allow 2 hours

Thank you

Maybe

Regards

Andy

thanks Andy. The only thing I'm still not sure about it A. I set a side because the claim was sent to a previous address. The debt was in dispute with OC before being sold on, because no-one has been able to produce a copy of the CCA. So really I'm disputing the claim as there is no proof of an agreement? confused :undecided:

Settlement is encouraged in all matters MBL unless of course the debt is not yours and is also considered when the question of costs arises.Accepted the debt is in dispute but the fact is its still your debt at this stage and until they furnish a valid CCA then they will struggle to enforce, irrespective of stating yes or no at A.

Regards

Andy

ok thanks once again Andy, think it's all clear now :-D

Hi, I have received copy of completed AQ today from the others (Arrow Global) stating that their sols (BC) have backed out and that they will now be dealing with the case. They have supplied a copy of the Application Form for the agreement along with some made up T's and C's (wrong address and charges amount etc). and some statements and they have asked for a one month's stay. On the AQ they have stated that there are no documents attached and that no documents have been sent to me. Any ideas what they might be up to?

Maybelate, Arrow Global appear to be doing this to all cases we have on the forum. As soon as a defence is put in , they take the account back inhouse for their litigation department to deal with.

I think you need andy's input on this.

Have they advised the court of a change of solicitor do you know ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I rang the court today to make sure they have received my AQ, they have but they say that they haven't received one from AG. I'm not sure whether they have actually sent it to the court because what they say on it doesn't seem to make any sense (no documents attached when they attached docs with the copy they sent to me) :???:

As long as they have yours MBL dont worry about theirs they probably wont file it in any case.Keep checking though the later they are the better for you to make application to SO.

Regards

Andy

Hi, today I've received a "Standard Order for stay for settlement with consent of all the parties". I didn't request the claim to be stayed though on my AQ. it says:

On or before **date** one of the following steps must be taken

either

the claimant must notify the court that the whole of the claim has been settled

or

the claimant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period, explaining the steps being taken toward settlement and identifying any mediator, expert, or other person helping with the process.

or

all the parties must file a completed AQ at the court. Where a settlement of some of the issues is dispute has been reached, a list of these issues should be attached to the completed questionnaire. The list must be agreed with the other parties and must indicate that it has been agreed.

I'm a bit concerned because nowhere in the order does the judge mention my request for the claimant to provide me with copies of the documents that were requested in the AQ.

Any advice on this please?

Maybe, I will ask andyorch to look in on you.

Did you tick the Yes box on the allocation questionairre to agree to mediation ?

No use speculating. I guess you need to wait and see if the claimant contacts you .. let us know if they do.

Let's also see what andy has to say :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thanks CB. No, I didn't tick the mediation box (don't even remember seeing one) :-) but I definitely didn't request a stay. The claimants sent me a copy of their AQ along with a copy of the original Application form for the agreement and some made up T's and C's containing fees stated as £12 (for a 1998 agreement) and incorrect addresses.

Hmm, does sound a bit of a muddle that is for sure. Anyway, S.O.S has been sent out to andy for you.

:)

BCOBS

Hi MBL

Its a standard issue response when both parties opt for settlement, this allows opportunity for both parties to narrow the differences and try to avoid further litigation.

Either you approach them or court (ADR) or they may approach you during the stay perid or before **date** to attempt agreement.

Your Draft Directions are still pending so dont concern with that matter and if mediation fails a further AQ is submitted with your Draft Directions.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for answering :-D When AG sent me a copy of their AQ they attached a copy of the Application form for the agreement and some made up T'S ans C's. Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them for the documentation I requested in the Draft Directions again, or would it be best to just sit back and wait to see what their next move is?

I personally would wait until round 2 of the AQ is (if) required then you re request your directions.If they fail to comply then they will have to disclose at Standard Disclosure (N265).

Andy