Backdoor CCJ Arrows/Cater - Old Lloyds Card debt - set aside ***Claim Struck Out***

maybelate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Andy, not been on for a few days so have sent the N244 off (asking for no hearing), should I try to contact the court and ask them to change it or will they just do it anyway? I was also wondering whether I should contact Bryan Carter to again provide them with my new address (to avoid documents going missing etc) and if I do should I mention anything about the claim or ask for anything from them?

You also need to give the court your correct address!, the address the court has on it's system is the one supplied by the claimant in the original case and that address gets appended to your case number. Even if you fill in subsequent forms with your correct address, the address will not get changed till you instruct the court staff of your correct address.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well the hearing is going ahead so its how you present your reasons now MBL.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks again Andy, made very interesting reading. Hope I have an understanding judge on the day too :roll: Think I will just have to go and tell it how it is, I moved from the address that the claim form was sent to in December and the claim was issued in the following February. I told the claimants that I had moved, but not by recorded delivery because they just have a p.o box, so can't prove I did, but will have to see how it goes. Scary though :sad:

Tell the DJ that fact re the PO box they then have to prove that they were not informed.:wink:

I've been reading an old thread about what to expect at the hearing to get the CCJ set aside and one post read "it will not be enough to prove that you did not live at the address at the time the claim was issued. You will need to prove that you provided the claimant with your new address or that your new address was on the elector roll etc."

Getting a bit worried now as I wrote to the claimant with my new address before the claim was issued to my old one but all I have is a copy of the letter I sent them. Didn't send recorded and I'm not on the electoral roll yet, so it's my word against theirs on this matter.

Any advice on this please?:sad:

As long as you can prove that the Claimant was aware of your new address then there should be no problem. Reiterate what i state in post#25.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, he hearing is getting quite close now, so trying to get all my facts and evidence together, but was just wondering if as the claimant say in the POC that" I agreed to pay monthly instalments under agreement number xxxxx but has failed to do so" are they required to provide a copy of the alleged agreement at the hearing if requested to by me? as they are are stating that they don't need to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have received a letter today from the claimants solicitors stating that they will not be representing the claimants at the forth coming hearing. Does anyone know what this means? Is it likely that some other solicitors will turn up instead?

Hi, is there anyone who has any advice on the above please because the hearing is very close :help:

Hi, I have received a letter today from the claimants solicitors stating that they will not be representing the claimants at the forth coming hearing. Does anyone know what this means? Is it likely that some other solicitors will turn up instead?

maybelate, have you perhaps receive a notice of change of solicitors ? I will send S.O.S. to andyorch for you.

When is the hearing ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Nothing other than the letter from solicitor hearing Wednesday.

Ouch.. ok, I am sure that AO will look in on you as soon as he can.

What have you put on your set aside application.. ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I put that the claim and judgement were issued to an address that I had moved out of a few months before. I provided evidence of when I moved and a copy of a letter to inform the claimant that I had moved.

I put that the claim and judgement were issued to an address that I had moved out of a few months before. I provided evidence of when I moved and a copy of a letter to inform the claimant that I had moved.

Excellent.

I have been thinking about the solicitors - they might actually be using a local solicitor rather than travel themselves.. so probably nothing to worry about.

Just turn up before time with any paperwork - best of luck and please, let us know how you get on :)

BCOBS

I was hoping that they might have decided not to attend as I asked them to confirm, on several occasions, (and copied requests to the court) that they are able to bring the original CCA to the hearing with them:?:

Hi MBL

Responding to SoS.Have you checked with the Court to see if they have been informed of a change of Sol.? Its all a plus for you, this weakens any proposed objection from the Claimant.Just attend as advised by CB they may not, but have an outline of a proposed defence in case the DJ questions you.

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy and all who have tried to help me with this. I will go to the hearing tomorrow feeling a little more confident :| and will let you know how it goes.

Regards

Maybe

Best of luck for tomorrow, maybelate :)

BCOBS

Well, just got home from the hearing. :roll: The Claimants sols didn't attend but sent the judge a letter to apologise and I think put their side of the story across. The outcome is that the claim has been set aside and I have approx.2 weeks to file a defence. Bit worried now though, the judge certainly seemed to swing in favour of the claimants from some of the things he said. What should my next step be? Do I send a CPR request? Andy something the judge said bothers me, I will pm you to explain if that's ok?

CPR request urgently, giving 7 days to respond.

Do you have a copy of the particulars of claim?

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.