help needed, as can't afford mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i am an unemployed single parent with one child. my mortgage lender has been allowing me to pay interest only, paid by the DSS, for a few years but now wants to end this.

i live in an area of high unemployment with very little hope of getting any job that would allow me to pay my full mortgage.

my outstanding mortgage is only about 25% of the value of my property.

what are the pros & cons of releasing some of the value in my property so that i can use it to clear my mortgage please?

Regards from sunny Notlob, Lancs UK

Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain.

Lily Tomlin

hi,

i am an unemployed single parent with one child. my mortgage lender has been allowing me to pay interest only, paid by the DSS, for a few years but now wants to end this.

i live in an area of high unemployment with very little hope of getting any job that would allow me to pay my full mortgage.

my outstanding mortgage is only about 25% of the value of my property.

what are the pros & cons of releasing some of the value in my property so that i can use it to clear my mortgage please?

If you are of working age, you probably won't qualify for equity release, and therefore what you are asking about is a secured loan, which you'd have to find the money each month to repay. Have you considered asking the local authority for help? They may be able to advise you on the mortgage rescue scheme, whereby it is possible for a housing association to buy a percentage of your property and rent it back to you (because your mortgage is only 25% of the value, it would be a very small part that they buy and it would create shared ownership - if your house is freehold, as most houses are these days, then they might not be interested, but it's still worth investigating).

You could try renting out a room to earn extra money if you have the space.

The alternative is, of course, to sell.

• 1 month later...
Sounds like you could have a potential compensation claim!! if you got your property through the right to buy scheme or used a broker you could claim negligence against the solicitor AND being mis sold your mortgage, which could bring you thousands of pounds in compensation (as you are obviously experiencing hardship).

Just google >. My friend used them to claim for her mis sold mortgage !!¬

And in your other post today your 'friend' claimed for a miss-sold mortgage. Story straight.

To the OP - you can safely ignore this 'advice' - the likelihood of you, or anyone else really, managing to prove a miss-sold mortgage is slim to none.