Head teacher doesn't want me to park on zig zag lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Loony ? thank you for the compliment :-)

Humanity and society at any level, only ever has progressed by the thoughts and actions of those, who are different than those of the usually narrow-minded herd.

Edited by Germish
one word "of" and comma missing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loony ? thank you for the compliment :-)

Humanity and society at any level only ever has progressed by the thoughts and actions of those who are different than those the usually narrow-minded herd.

Indeed....and children tend to get hit by moving traffic when irresponsible people insist on parking on zig zag lines outside of schools.

I Like My Money Where I Can See It.....Hanging In My Wardrobe

Indeed....and children tend to get hit by moving traffic when irresponsible people insist on parking on zig zag lines outside of schools.

All it's takes is for the existing non compliant zig zag zone to be made compliant according to the road traffic act amendment of 1984 by putting up a vertical sign at both end showing the times when the zone is active.

When this is the case the dangerously parked school bus can legally be made to NOT park where children's and passing drivers view is obstructed by it. I will make sure that happens.

I will not park in an legal zigzag zone, but so will NOBODY else.

My own parked car is my lever and to highlight and force the issue right now within existing law and not to have to wait another 28 years (which have passed since 1984) for it to be made a legal zone.

The head teacher does not like the school bus to have to park somewhere else but in front of the school.

The consequence is that the school will also have to spend some money on redesigning the staff car park including a disabled parking space to accommodate a waiting school bus and for the parish council to accommodate for the traffic by parents from outside the village by changing the road layout which still is the same since horse-drawn carts and create some parking spaces nearby.

This will cost money, but I pay £1800 in council tax per year feeding a lot of fat cat local politicians. Now is the time to do something for the people who pay and elect them.

The Cotswold are one of the richests areas in England. They should have no problem to find what it might cost (£25,000) to create a parking layby for 10 cars on a gras bit right next to the lane thus simply widening it.

It's all fairly simple and what I am doing to force issues and changes should come natural to those who are thinking they have done their job so far. Clearly they haven't and they don't like to be told that. I wouldn't even be here talking about it nor would I be parked up in front of the school if they had. If they don't want to have to answer questions like... how it comes that I am parked in front of the school and even the police can't do anything about it? .... they better find a solution. I know were I stand legally and I will keep up the pressure to achieve a safer traffic situation around the school. With hindsight people involved will a gree that it was the right thing to do, while some might disagree about my methods. I am NOT afraid of confrontation like some and I'll keep coming in the best British Bulldog Spirit. It's amazing how it speeds up bureaucrats.

Edited by Germish
spelling error

i think you deserve better than what you are getting

but you're going about it the wrong way

cant you get them on discrim laws by not providing parking internal for you

or is it you live 1/4 mile away and your kid could walk?

being bloody minded is not the way .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Germish I notice that you didnt comment on how you are affecting your children by your actions and from your previous posts I assume that the other parents dont agree with you ? I assume they all pay their council tax as well? It seems to me that you have a chip on your shoulder about Posh people, I would love to know what you consider posh, better educated spoken i dont know, what I can say is that your actions seem to be of of no real benefit or interest to your local community and if you feel so strongly about things get yourself voted onto the local council (Parish or District) and try and change things from within. He who shouts loudest does not always get their own way.

I really do think this is a strange post and I agree with Sailor Sams and Jambersons comments. really dont know why you are using this forum I would have thought you would be better off lobbying your MP.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I will continue to be a living nightmare to some

I can understand this attitude when it comes to huge institutions ripping people off for hundreds of even thousands of pounds, but in relation to a small village school it's honestly a little bit worrying.

I have to second Assisted Blonde's concern that continuing in this vein is likely to be unpleasant for your children. You obviously feel strongly about this, and I'm not suggesting that you have to drop the subject. I'm just suggesting that it might be an idea to modify your tone. However right you are about this, you're going about it the wrong way.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

germish - Why don't you just park wherever you want, and if you get a ticket you can then bore us all with the full details on the subsequent trial.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

At assisted blonde

Posh, good education? They probably think they had, but just got dragged along. Holding a plum in your mouth while speaking is hardly an academic qualification.

Posh is a state of mind and a well developed inferiority complex (see Thatcher before and after her election to Prime Minister)

No, my children do not suffer, I can gage this from all the blue achievement rewards, head teacher's rewards and governors rewards they bring back home and from their achieved levels in various subjects.

The head teacher has been told on numerous occasions that I am very impressed with her professional performance as teacher and head teacher bringing the primary school to such a high quality that pupils leaving the school to go to secondary school have better academic results than nearby Rendcomb College which costs £3000/term (day-no boarding). She very well knows that I always give credit were credit is due and negative critics when deserved. I have no time for pretend behaviour and false politeness. I have been teaching Geology students at uni Petrography and Mineral Chemistry and after early retirement due to disability the odd hours at the local Secondary just to give a little back to society. Anyway we both are professional and it did not even to be mentioned that a disagreement on one subject would effect the rest of our prof. relationship. It goes without saying.

Why this forum? Well accidental. I first answered another tread where somebody has been fined for parking on a zigzag zone and wanted to know of a way out. I just gave information on the possible way out because some zones have been update to comply with the RTRA of 1984 and some (like at my school) still haven't. 28years obviously just isn't enough to get the job done if you have to ask to many people who all have a say, nicely. There have been judges ruling that issued fines/ tickets are not valid on the technicality that these zones have not been updated and hence cannot be considered a zone for which you can be fine for parking in in the first place. In the eyes of the laws they do simply not exist.

Neither side disputes its necessity. But some people here could just not keep the necessity of laws to be defined and followed correctly by both sides (people need to know where they stand and rely on that the same law is fair and applies to people in the same way) separate from the issue that they are good because they protect children.

Hence my post got flamed and took it's own direction. A moderator made an own thread of it.

Lobbying MP, had bad experience with this. Did it nicely for a friend, because he did not want to arouse any attention. He came, talked, promised, more people came, talked, had meetings, promised more, had more meetings with some other people, architects plans drawn up, planning permission granted and a date for work to be done for an extension to his council house (disabled daughter needs a downstairs bathroom and bedroom instead of being carried up and downstairs). Took two years, than a sudden answer that as we have now entered a recession, there is no money to fund this. We think that there never was an intention and the process was dragged out until an excuse could be found. But my friend was not prepared to take the counsel to court as he thought they would find ways to make his life more difficult especially if he wins.

AT Laughing Girl

Answered your second part of post already.

Large institutions ... I agree. It's not the small village school, it really is Cotswold Council and in Road and Police Issues it's actually Gloucestershire Council (and they are not this small)

You know perfectly well what the zig-zags mean. So does everyone else. You are knowingly ignoring them becuase you reckon there's a technicality in the way they are painted - and you are determined that the council waste public money re-painting them.

What a waste of your life. Why don't you do something more useful with your time. I hear loolipop men are thin on the ground these days - how about using some of your altruistic spirit to help the kids get to school in one piece instead of endangering their lives through sheer bloody mindedness.

The point about your children suffering is not about how many awards they bring home its about how they are judged by their peer groups, any child whose parent is acting differently to their friends parents causes them to be embarresed , children like to fit in.

I also note that you seem to have very little support from other parents, I cant imagine why?

I agree with Jambersons comments about wasting public money there are far more important things to spend it on than a minor local issue that only seems to be affecting or bothering one person.

Look on the bright side your children wont be at this school forever then it wont be a problem for you. However I am sure you will find another subject to campaign about. Join the parish Council and you can spend hours debating issues like dog fouling, bin emptying etc far more worthwile causes and ones that affect the whole of the community.

Join the parish Council and you can spend hours debating issues that affect the whole of the community.
Unfortunately you can't just join, you have to stand for election and persuade enough parishoners to vote in your favour, which, judging purely on this thread, seems unlikely.

If there were vacancies and not enough people to stand you could be co- opted, although if this was the case I think that someone might put their Dog up for election on the grounds it would give a more balanced opinion.

Are you all sure its not April the 1st yet??

If there were vacancies and not enough people to stand you could be co- opted, although if this was the case I think that someone might put their Dog up for election on the grounds it would give a more balanced opinion.

Are you all sure its not April the 1st yet??

Starting to wonder myself.

Germish, look at the reaction that you're getting on this thread alone. You've obviously got a good fighting spirit - why not channel that into something with a bit of purpose?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I just gave information on the possible way out because some zones have been update to comply with the RTRA of 1984 and some (like at my school) still haven't. 28years obviously just isn't enough to get the job done if you have to ask to many people who all have a say, nicely. There have been judges ruling that issued fines/ tickets are not valid on the technicality that these zones have not been updated and hence cannot be considered a zone for which you can be fine for parking in in the first place. In the eyes of the laws they do simply not exist.

Total rubbish once again! The RTRA 1984 has very little to do with school zig zags in fact I don't think it even mentions them? Signs are governed by the TSRGD 2003 which clearly states that a school zig zag may or may not be accompanied by a sign stating no stopping. A school zig zag may also be used with a traffic order restricting stopping which is where the RTRA 1984 comes into the saga as it gives local authorities the power to create traffic orders. Some schools do not have traffic orders because the zig zags are advisory, this is not a mistake or something they forgot to do its an option open if a formal order is not required. No Judge has ever ruled on this point, no zig zag case has ever gone to the Crown or High Court it would be dealt with by Magistrates or an Adjudicator. As I previously pointed out the Police have the authority to issue to any vehicle parked on the highway causing an obstruction without the need for road markings, parked on a keep clear zig zag would be very hard to defend as necessary.

The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986

103. No person in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer shall cause or permit the vehicle to stand on a road so as to cause any unnecessary obstruction of the road.

• Haha 1

About 30 cars a day might just pass the school which includes the teacher and parents who only drive up to it and away from but not necessarily pass it. Lollipop person and zigzag zones are over kill and bloddy mindedness to have ione in front of the scholl when it serves absolutely no purpose whatsever. The road CANNOT BE CROSSED THERE IS JUST A STEEP GRASSVERGE ON THE OTHER SIDE YOU CAN NOT WALK ON.

If at all children walk on the car lane itself. This defeats any yellow zone.

To assisted blonde. I cannot believe that you suggested to change it because my children are only there for another few years. Why change anything at all as you will hardly live longer than 80 years.

To only care about what happens behind ones own castle doors and otherwise stick the head into the sand is an attitude which lets other people who don't do this, decide how you have and will have to live your life.

can you not name the school then we can look

baring the other stuff

if some of what you say about its layout is true

then showing us can help surely?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:whoo:Well it really is 1st April now!!

Germish as for only caring what happens behind my own Castle doors I am very sorry but I have had to downgrade to a small manor house these days as the parking on my zig zag lines outside my drawbridge was causing me problems, and as for my duck house on the pond the central heating bills were getting a bit much I had to cut back on the Champagne to only 2 bottles a day to cover the cost. Also I am finding it a problem burying my head in the sand as my little man who looks after my private beach in Barbados is only managing to rake it twice a day, and you dont want to get large lumps of sand in you ears.

However as I am really a very alturistic person I do donate my unwanted diamonds to the local school to allow the children to play marbles, so much more user friendly using natural stones rather than wasting energy to produce glass, dont you think.

These zizg zags should either be for EVERYONE to abide by (inc the school bus!)

Or NO ONE to abide by.

The school bus cannot be an exception to the law / rule at the headmaster's whim... he is NOT the law.

I know you all disagree, but thats my take on it, it either applies to everyone or no one, without exception.

Or NO ONE to abide by.

The school bus cannot be an exception to the law / rule at the headmaster's whim... he is NOT the law.

I know you all disagree, but thats my take on it, it either applies to everyone or no one, without exception.

Who's disagreeing Bob?

Or NO ONE to abide by.

If the zig zags are not covered by a traffic order and the relevant 'no stopping' signs then they are advisory and may be that way to allow the school bus to drop off the children safely. My local fire station has advisory zig zags outside and its not uncommon to see fire engines stopped on them but I don't feel the need to bitch about it on the internet, they are there to allow the fire service to go about their business safely if that means they need to park on them so be it I don't see why a school is any different its not as if the headmistress is parking her own car there.