Daz v Mini Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I yesterday recieved a letter from Mini Credit stating that i owe £677 on a £330 loan that i have already paid £55 off. The notice says

DOORStEP COLLECTOR NOTICE

Despite all our efforts you have chosen not to settle our above outstanding account.

We have no alternative but to esculate the matter. If full payment is not made by close of business on the 21st October 2011 the matter will be referred to our doorstep collections agent to recover this debt as they see fit.

To avoid further unneccessary costs please ensure payment is sent by return.

Should i worry about the debt collectors?

Have others recieved these letters?

I have received so many letters like that . All I can suggest is to write back to them (or email) and keep copies. Do not acknowledge how much you owe but say you are prepared tp offer a monthly payment of x. Send them an income+expenditure form, there are guidelines on the net about what is acceptable. Personally I would take that as a threatening letter and say so in your letter, maybe make reference to the whichever association they are part of. If a debt collector turns up, either don't answer the door or refuse to talk to him. Keep offering your payment and never talk on the phone. Also ask them to justify why you owe so much. There are people on here who will give you much better and detailed advice than I can, but dont be worried.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi had a look on the OFT site and they are licenced under the name of .....

Business NameCompany Registration NumberMicrocredit Limited06677980

Categories:

Consumer credit

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Minicashloans.Co.Uk MiniCredit.co.uk

Not sure if the right to canvass off trade premises means the same as doorstep collections agent ....press the triangle button where it says promote to article one of the site team experts will pick it up then ....only been on here since Sept myself and already had so much help from them ...thats the only reason why I suggested you look on OFT site for full company details and the people behind them ....

Good luck we are all in this together :)

I have recieved a letter today saying debt collectors will be coming to my house between 3-10 of november will they actually come around i have told them not to send collector agentsAny help would be appreciated

Hi i got a letter saying someone last week was going to turn up and never did. i've don't know of anyone who has recieved this letter that had them turn up. i think the next thing that happens is it gets referred to a company called fredericks, after that they try court but again not heard from anyone who has got to court

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i original borrowed £250 so would have had to repay them £330 , they have taken £255 from my account should i repay them anything else (they are saying i owe over £700) or could i refuse and would they take me to court or anyone else like a dca take me to court and win?

Hi I would not worry about court they will pass it on to Fredrick international debt collectors mine has gone there but it has been 2 weeks since they have done that and I have heard nothing from them. They won't take you to court do you get any doorstep collector come to you I never did and if they did take it to court they would have to explain all their unnecessary charges like 100 for the doorstep collections that dont happen the 5 pound charge for a declined card payment they are making profit out of this and they dont get charged for by any declined card. In some of the other posts people say that you owe the original loan plus one months intrest. I dont know if that is true I will need to research on that.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, well my son recently took out a loan with this outfit and I have taken up the 'reigns' now. Asking around I have information which would suggest the only entitlement would be the value of the original loan plus 8% to payback. I have actually negotiated around three different settlements with them, none of which i agreed with, so suggests they are flexible and probably is only a matter of trying before they accept. Their charges are ridiculous. This came form a reputable source - *** name of fee charging DMC removed***

Edited by cerberusalert

I have removed your reference to a fee charging DMC. There is nothing they can do that anyone can do themselves for free or by using a free charitable concern..

Please read the site rules.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi Darren they normally block your account when they send it to a dca. The dca will send you a letter. Once you have received this letter I would advise you to look at the amount owing if it's a lot higher then expected call the dca and ask them to send you a brake down of all the charges. When you have got the brake down pay attention to th door collections charge and the debt card charge, they can not charge you door collections because they never send anyone around and they can not charge a debt for failed debit card collections as they do not have any financial loss from that.

Interesting - I have been advising my son over this as you can read and calling minicredit today we found the receptionist unable to see any details of his account ie blocked. This may be as result of an email he sent the other day clearly stating his position, we await a managers reply to it. So perhaps his account has gone to DCA then, watch this space. I believe a DCA buys up the debt for a sum, can be as little as 10p in the £, then tries to retrieve it from the debtor so you could in reality negotiate a payoff perhaps much lower than what you owed minicredit, remember that, might not be so bad after all provided you can negotiate, stand your ground, at the end pof the day just tell the DCA not interested if not able to pay. They will then have to go to court at cost and may well give up at that point. Consult with Sillygirl1 who posts around here, she sounds as if she knows what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Minicredit are being investigated by the Financial Ombudsman

rom: Harber, Graham

To:

Sent: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:33

Subject: FW: Your complaint about Minicredit Ref:

Dear

I do not appear to have received all of the information requested in my letter of 20 December 2011 and email of 6 January 2012 regarding the above.

Please let me have this as soon as possible and in any event no later than 3 February 2012 so that I can progress the complaint. If you are unable to respond fully by this date please let me know.

Yours sincerely

Graham Harber

Adjudicator

Tel: 0207 964 0768

Fax: 0207 964 0769

• 4 weeks later...

Right i have recieved a letter off Mackenzie Hall saying Mini credit have basically hired them to get me to pay up, i have already paid more than what i borrowed + 1months interest what should i do next as Mackenzie Hall want £850

• 3 weeks later...
Right i have recieved a letter off Mackenzie Hall saying Mini credit have basically hired them to get me to pay up, i have already paid more than what i borrowed + 1months interest what should i do next as Mackenzie Hall want £850

Hi Darren can u update on ur situation with Mackenzie Hall as I gave recieved an email from them aswel regarding mini credit debt passed on to them . Thanks in advance