Amazon & Small Claims

clareandmichael
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazon have offered a replacement device if I withdraw the claim first. This come over as bullying to me as I have no guarantee they will honour their offer. I don't think I should have to withdraw the claim as a condition of them obeying the law.

Any update on this? I am in a similar boat. We were heavily reliant on a Kindle whilst travelling. When it broke under warranty we applied for a new one and bought a spare in case i happened again... which it obviously did. Luckily this was still under the original 12 month warranty Its just not on that any refurbs only come with 90 days warranty. The 3G version is expensive and I paid a £50 premium for data usage for the lifetime of the product. So far that lifetime has been an average of 6 months.

Will also look at filing with the credit card company and then a small claims court which I happy to champion. Not so happy at being bullied into dropping a claim and may keep it alive as a principal. They have caused so much hassle dealing with them from abrioad. They asked for registered delivery which they would reimburse... very good of them I might add. Just needed to include the proof of cost which I did. They later said it was procedure to discard all packaging so never received any proo so already I am out of pocket.

PS they quoted me 59 pounds for any new replacement kindles out of warranty. It is not a lot but I would easil ybe in pocket with other technology or a real book collection that is mine to give away or sell.

The last niggle is being stuck on their format now that lots of ebooks have been bought and I want to leave. I understand them being inflexible as a big company but they need to take note and fix the product which is flakier by 2000%than a Nintendo handheld from the 70s that still works today or my Speak n Spell.

PPS sorry for typos... typed on my Kindle SYM ;)