Help with gemoney!!

ukspooner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

ill sit tight and wait for the letter.

Ok, will get on to that .. you will have it by tomorrow.. You wont be able to send it until Tuesday, cos it is BH Monday tomorrow :)

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can I just confirm that there were only TWO x DD recall fees and have they covered the charge for the default notice within an "admin fee" ?

I see that ims confirms that this is a loan agreement covered by the CCA - in which case had they been issuing you with "Notice of Arrears" letters? These would / should have started being sent to you after October 1st 2008.

Could you please also give me an example of the solicitor fees they were charging you :)

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No worries I'm in the office all day but I'll nip home later and get the details you need

Can I just confirm that there were only TWO x DD recall fees and have they covered the charge for the default notice within an "admin fee" ?

I see that ims confirms that this is a loan agreement covered by the CCA - in which case had they been issuing you with "Notice of Arrears" letters? These would / should have started being sent to you after October 1st 2008.

Could you please also give me an example of the solicitor fees they were charging you :)

No worries I'm in the office all day but I'll nip home later and get the details you need

Great, I pretty much have the outline of what I am planning to say, I would just like to fill in some blanks.

To summarise what would be nice to have..

The amount they charged you for the Default Notice

How many solicitors letters did they send and the charge they applied for them.

In your opinion, were the solicitors letters template style, with just your details filled in.

:)

BCOBS

No problem, I am around for the rest of the evening.. :)

BCOBS

I am just slightly confused with the figures that are mentioned.

They claim that some £2222.26 worth of charges have been applied to the account - they are prepared to offer a goodwill gesture of 1040 - there is a difference of £1182.26 ?

That is a lot of solicitor fees ? or/and a very expensive charge for the Default Notice ?

UK, I am off to bed now, I will look back in the morning to see if you have posted up the information requested.

BCOBS

Sorry for the delay

We have hunted high and low for the letters

All we se to have are the actuall court ones when they tried to take possession.

I have got a copy of some of their solicitors receipts because I queried that before.

There is a lot of solicitors costs which have been charged.

What I'll do is get it all added up and repost after work tomorrow evening of that's ok. Massive day in the office tomorrow so need mi beauty sleep.

Many thanks

Grant

I am just slightly confused with the figures that are mentioned.

They claim that some £2222.26 worth of charges have been applied to the account - they are prepared to offer a goodwill gesture of 1040 - there is a difference of £1182.26 ?

That is a lot of solicitor fees ? or/and a very expensive charge for the Default Notice ?

UK, I am off to bed now, I will look back in the morning to see if you have posted up the information requested.

Ok, no problem

BCOBS

ok finnaly getting somewhere this end now.

i have also added another direct debit charge of £20 which i missed off somehow, need to add £23.64 to the claim.

the default notice charge was £35 on 22/04/2008

solicitors fees are

21/07/2008 solicitors interim legal fees £276.38, consisting of £145 (issue summons) £25.38 vat, summons fee £100 and search fee £3 office copies £3 total =276.38

28/07/2008 solicitors interim legal fees £23.50, consisting off £20 (notice to occupiers) £3.50 vat = £23.50

08/09/2008 solicitors interim legal fees £144.00 consistoing of £70 (serving affidavit) £50 (instructing agent) £21 vat £3 (office copies) total =£144.00

20/09/2008 solicitors interim legal fees £123.38 consisting of £30 (report on court hearing) £5.25 vat £88.13 (agents fees) total = £123.38

total cost for solicitors is £567.26.

i quiried these costs some time ago and they sent me copies of the reciepts from their solicitors.

all of that added up calculates to the total fees they stipulated in the letter, £2,222.26. includign all the fees i am claiming back

my wife is of the oppinion that we neber had letters from the solicitrs just court letters.

is this the correct info or do you require more?

do you know if i can get the money paid to me rather than back onto my mortgage,

they say the fees were not paid out of my pocket because they were capitalised,

but i was paying some of them because i was paying quite abit more on my mortgage at the beginning,

dont think so

works like a credit card reclaim comes off the outstanding balance because that is what has inflated them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but that doesnt make sense DX,

i have paid money from my pocket to which something should not have therfore i am entitled to my own money back, surely thats correct?

even if i was only paid the proportion that i paid directly and not the ammount they capitalised?

dont think so

works like a credit card reclaim comes off the outstanding balance because that is what has inflated them.

dx

doubt it

try the fos website.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they capitalised the arrears, they stuck them on the end of the mortgage term/included them in the balance - which you are paying and you have no arrears - correct ?

If this is the case, then I am pretty certain that you would have to agree to the money being taken off the mortgage - offsetting can only be used for genuine arrears. However, it would be in your interest to check that out.

I will sort out your letter tomorrow.. thanks for the information - I just needed to ensure that I wasnt going to make any errors when referring to costs ..

I am pretty damn certain that the the charge for a templated statutory document such as the Default Notice, fee is a nonono.

BCOBS

That's correct. I have no arrears

oK..

Will sort out the letter for you later on.. will post up tomorrow.

BCOBS

Just working on this now.. I have recalculated your spread sheet - attached.

You missed off a couple of Admin charges, a Direct Debit recall fee and also the Default notice charge. Plus you had one date incorrect - only by a day.. but it makes a difference :)

Default Notice - I am positive this should not be charged for - in any case - this is a statutory document, it will be in templated form and therefore £35.00 would be excessive and not reflective of their true cost.

JIC, you might want to check the entries for accuracy.

UK spooner - amended SS.xls

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

thats great cheers for that, do i need to send this spreadsheet with the letter?

TBH, I am not sure.. I will try and speak to ims21 later on today to ensure I am on the right track with the letter, I will ask him about enclosing the spread sheet at the same time.

BCOBS

BCOBS