Help with gemoney!!

ukspooner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone and ask?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have just spoke to GE Money and been advised that a Final letter is currently being drafted to me and that they are aware that it is over the 8 weeks.

the lady i spoke to asked if i could just be patient for 1 more week to allow time for the letter to arrive.

i said that i would wait 7 days for the letter then i would call again before commencing with further action.

would you say this was the right response on my part?

• 2 weeks later...

finaly recieved their official resolution to my letter.

can someone help with the next step, i have scanned the letters and ready to upload them.

they have basicly said that their fees and charges are pawful and agreed by the FSA.

out of the £3524 i have claimed for, they have decided to offer me £1040 as a gesture of goodwill!!! and if i accept that i have to sign this letter and return ot so they can remove that ammount from my mortgage, (no fees will be returned to me)

BORROCKS!

dont accept

and the FSA NEBER agreed any fee was LAWFUL.

all they said was £12 was the threashold of resonableness not an OK to charge it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

where do i go from here dx?

do i ring them and say no or do i have to appeal the desicion with them via another compklaint?

do you know if its right that they dont have to refund the money to me because my arrears were capitalised and put onto my mortgage? instead they can pay any refund on to my balance?

BORROCKS!

dont accept

all they said was £12 was the threashold of resonableness not an OK to charge it.

dx

i would not ring anymore now

that letter is utter garbage designed to put you off.

just because it says they are going to charge you in their T&C it does NOT make it ok!!!

as for the charges , they know they are unlawful hence the 'attempt' to appease you.

any penalty charge is just that no matter how low/high it is.

as for chargig for a default notice though a solicitor, again utter bowlarks

no other companycharges for a DN why them?

dx

and they

so what kind of letter do i send and to whom?

i would not ring anymore now

that letter is utter garbage designed to put you off.

just because it says they are going to charge you in their T&C it does NOT make it ok!!!

as for the charges , they know they are unlawful hence the 'attempt' to appease you.

any penalty charge is just that no matter how low/high it is.

as for chargig for a default notice though a solicitor, again utter bowlarks

no other companycharges for a DN why them?

dx

reply to whom sent you the letter

research each point they rely upon

i have given basic pointers above

dx

and they

Responding to S.O.S. having a read of thread to see what is going on :)

BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BORROCKS!

dont accept

dx

I think this has nothing to do with the default charges and the OFT, dx.

These are administration charges which they claim to have run by the FSA and I am not sure if this statement is accurate or not!

Perhaps before making any decision on whether to accept the "goodwill offer", you should contact the FSA helpline and confirm with them that GE Money have confirmed that the tariffs they charge are acceptable !.

I would also want GE money to be more specific in the way they say they are going to reverse these charges on the account. When they apply them.. the following month they will attract interest. So by reversing the charges that interest should be removed - therefore the amount deducted from any balance would be more than the £1040 they say they are refunding.

Also.. I do not believe they are permitted to charge for the issuing of a statutory Default Notice.

Someone would have to confirm that.

So .. before any letter is sent, check with teh FSA that what GE claim is true.. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am more than happy to draft a letter for you.. but I think we need a little more input... so both dx and me have sent S.O.S. messages to someone who can advise.

We will sort you out between us :lol:

BCOBS

i cant thank you both enough.

I am more than happy to draft a letter for you.. but I think we need a little more input... so both dx and me have sent S.O.S. messages to someone who can advise.

We will sort you out between us :lol:

Hi

It would be interesting to know what the FSA said when you called them. I can't believe that the FSA would have agreed with GE since it is the FSA who are telling people to claim them back.

In my view we are in the territory of unlawful charges here and as the mortgage falls into the category of a loan with a credit agreement it wasn't covered by the court decision on bank charges.

So, you have done a spreadsheet of claim and you sent this to GE with a letter requiring refund. Was that just a preliminary letter or have you sent a "Letter Before Action" as well?

Which spreadsheet did you use?....it should be the one called CISheetV101.xls.

What rate of interest did you use to get to your figure?

Can you post up your spreadsheet please (MINUS PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS OF COURSE)

ims

GE Money 1st letter copy 23.02.12.doc

hi ims

when we was getting it all sorted i asked DX to help me out with the figures because i was getting confused, so i dont have the spreadsheet.

ive atatched a copy of the letter that i sent them, it was the one i got from the library.

unfortunatly i never had a chance to call FSA what with the kids and school.

Edited by ukspooner

Hi

OK let's get some figures together. If you are going to court you will need solid figures which you can back up and substantiate. This is the spreadsheet you will need.

CISheet v101.xls

Go through your account statements and enter each charge of £40 for admin and £25 for bounced DDs giving the date of the charge, the description and the amount.

Don't enter any interest charges or solicitors fees...just the charges they have applied.

The interest rate you use should be at least the annual rate being charged on your account. If you want to claim a higher amount of interest then you should read No.4 in my signature.

When you have done this, let us know what the amount of the claim will be as shown by the spreadsheet.

ims

Once you have sorted out your spreadsheet, I will draft a letter for you over the weekend that you can send on Monday :)

BCOBS

Evening people

im just doing th number on the spreadsheet and my interest rate has changed over the course of these arrears charges so what do i put into the interest rate box?

is it just my current rate of 3.14 above the base rate or original interest rate of 8.04% when most of these fees are for?