Misrepresentation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 26/01/12 i received a phone call from a salesperson for Carphone Warehouse. He sold me a mobile phone contract with T Mobile.

The contract is for 24 months, 300 minutes, 300 texts and an unlimited text booster at £20.42 per month.

Before i accepted the deal i voiced my concern, several times, that there was no data allowance included.

The salesperson assured me that T Mobile had several data add ons and that i could get one added on straight away, as soon as i registered on their site, so i eventually accepted the contract.

I have contacted Carphone Warehouse via E-Mail and asked for a copy of this phone conversation under the freedom of information act and they have ignored me.

I received the phone by courier the next day 27/01/12, set it up, then registered on the T Mobile site. I looked immidiately for the data addons and found there was only one, the Unlimited Internet Booster, not the several that the salesperson had assured me were available.

I selected this booster, for an extra £5.10 a month, only to find that it would not be added to my package until 27/02/12, not immidiately as the salesperson assured me.

So now i am stuck with a mobile phone that i cannot turn on because every time i do T Mobile send data to it and charge me for the data on top of the package cost.

I contacted Carphone Warehouse on 28/01/12 and told them that i wanted to cancel the contract as i was assured by their salesperson that i could get data allowance straight away.

They have refused to cancel, even though i am within the 7 day cancellation period that is my right under the distance selling regulations and now they ignore my messages.

I am on Incapacity Benefit, i have suffered one stroke, i suffer from reactive stress and severe depression.

This whole affair is making me ill, i have already had to go to my doctors for sleeping pills as the worry of this keeps me awake at night. Last night i didnt get to sleep till after 5am, despite having taken a sleeping pill and i was suffering from chest pains. I am scared of what this is doing to me.

I was blatantly lied to in order to sell me this contract. I am well within my legal rights to cancel this contract but Carphone Warehouse have refused to do so

You need to kick some butt.

Email Roger Taylor the CEO taylorr@cpwplc.com

Let him know how let down you feel, what you want for your trouble and for them not giving you your minimum statutory rights.

BTW it's the Data Protection Act, not the Freedom of information act (as that is for government bodies for general information, your own personal information it's always the DPA)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you for your advice, i'm just back from town having returned the phone.

Your advice was correct though, i just nagged the CEO with e-mails, i think he just wanted rid of me in the end lol

They tried to sell me another deal in store, i laughed !!!!