CFO..MT Collect. Yet another 'victim'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have defaulted on a loan with CFO, and thought I had made an 'arrangement' with the delightful MT Collect to contact them today (payday) to make a payment and set up an ongoing arrangement to clear the balance.

Upon checking my acount this morning, I have found they have taken over £500 from my debit card. I called CFO direct and a very polite lady (for a change!!!) advised the amount taken merely covered interest and charges, and the balance on my account now reflected my original loan amount!! She also advised that there was no chance of them refunding the money in accordance with the arrangement I thought I had made.

Can anyone advise how I should deal with this? I am hesistant to contact MT Collect due to their cavalier and frankly rude approach. Is it possible that my bank will recoup the money if I have not authorised them to take this?

I really need this money back because basically I can't afford to pay rent/ get to work without it!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Pinkvic and welcome to CAG

I am going to move your post to a new thread as it is important that you get individual advice

They took money without your permission. You had a payment arrangement. Contact your bank and see if they will claw it back

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok so in 2009

i used capital finance one,

i was using them for about 1 year ( i never missed a payment)

i then sliped on some ice and broke my leg

i was unable to work

so i didnt get paid

only around £60 per week.

i contacted then asap to explain and see wha i could do.

They agreed that i could roll over my loan which i agreed to.

They then took £200 from my account.

rang then and spoke to Barry who pretty much laughed at me.

refused to give me my money back and because i still owed 300 they wouldnt give me a new loan.

I then emailed Barry every 10 mins for 6 days ( i have a broke leg, i had a lot of time on my hands)

who after 6 days agreed to set me up to pay back £20 a week untill it was cleared.

that same day he took £50 from account.

So i closed my account and opened a new one with a different bank and ignored them.

Its now 2012 a good 18months since this happened

I had recieved no post, calls, emails or anything untill a few days ago when the text messages started.

saying they were coming to my house.

They now say they want 370 from me right now.

I rang debt line for some advise.

who told me not to answer the door and to only agree to set up a standing order to clear this debt which they have refused.

not sure where to go from here

ok so in 2009

i used capital finance one,

i was using them for about 1 year ( i never missed a payment)

i then sliped on some ice and broke my leg

i was unable to work

so i didnt get paid

only around £60 per week.

i contacted then asap to explain and see wha i could do.

They agreed that i could roll over my loan which i agreed to.

They then took £200 from my account.

rang then and spoke to Barry who pretty much laughed at me.

refused to give me my money back and because i still owed 300 they wouldnt give me a new loan.

I then emailed Barry every 10 mins for 6 days ( i have a broke leg, i had a lot of time on my hands)

who after 6 days agreed to set me up to pay back £20 a week untill it was cleared.

that same day he took £50 from account.

So i closed my account and opened a new one with a different bank and ignored them.

Its now 2012 a good 18months since this happened

I had recieved no post, calls, emails or anything untill a few days ago when the text messages started.

saying they were coming to my house.

They now say they want 370 from me right now.

I rang debt line for some advise.

who told me not to answer the door and to only agree to set up a standing order to clear this debt which they have refused.

not sure where to go from here

stuff 'em and ignore it unless a claim form comes along

which it wont

they will never ever goto court

where this would expose their unlawful and intimidating text msgs.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have had a rather random text today advising "i am visiting you today" - no your bloody not!!

also had a text asking for £255. this debt was circa 2009 and i continued paying them until they broke DPA in 2010 and emailed my brother for the debt!

now some 2 years later they want some more so i have complained to OFT and emailed CFO what i have done!

is it worth sending the Ack letter with the paragraph about non visiting my property?

i cannot find that anywhere.

who to?

Trading Standards via consumerdirect and the OFT

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Does anyone have an email address for MT Collect, I don't have the facility to record calls.

I will definately be reporting them to everyone possible though. Conversation with MT Collect yesterday...

MT - Have you called to make a payment?

Me - I have made a very large payment this morning that I didnt authorise.

MT - Have you called to make another payment?

Me - No

MT - Well f**k off then (hangs up)

They are absolutely disgusting!

Does anyone have an email address for MT Collect, I don't have the facility to record calls.

I will definately be reporting them to everyone possible though. Conversation with MT Collect yesterday...

MT - Have you called to make a payment?

Me - I have made a very large payment this morning that I didnt authorise.

MT - Have you called to make another payment?

Me - No

MT - Well f**k off then (hangs up)

They are absolutely disgusting!

i take you called just to wind them up?

why do you want to email them anyway.?

dx

and they

Hi

I have defaulted on a loan with CFO, and thought I had made an 'arrangement' with the delightful MT Collect to contact them today (payday) to make a payment and set up an ongoing arrangement to clear the balance.

Upon checking my acount this morning, I have found they have taken over £500 from my debit card. I called CFO direct and a very polite lady (for a change!!!) advised the amount taken merely covered interest and charges, and the balance on my account now reflected my original loan amount!! She also advised that there was no chance of them refunding the money in accordance with the arrangement I thought I had made.

Can anyone advise how I should deal with this? I am hesistant to contact MT Collect due to their cavalier and frankly rude approach. Is it possible that my bank will recoup the money if I have not authorised them to take this?

I really need this money back because basically I can't afford to pay rent/ get to work without it!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

They done the same to me I was dealing with Daniels Silvermann and was sorting out a repayment plan, when CFO took £500 out of my account. Daniels Silverman didn't even know, they tried contacting them but didn't get any reply, they then told me as far as they were concerned the account was closed. The payment they took left me short on my rent and gave been in arrears since. I now have MT Collect sending threatening texts to me on behalf of CFO even though I've paid them back! I have now reported them to the fso and I'm fortunate I have a solicitor in the family they are also going to get involved. They are ****!

get that money back by chargeback

it DOES work

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dx

and they