Mortgage, CreditAgricole ,BirminghamMidshires, Halifa x, HBOS, CurtisSolicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Andrew1, it's good to have a bit of support right now. I'm itching to give more details, but don't want to reveal my aces until I understand what stance is being made by the banks. Then it's fireworks after what they've done.

Tide

Radio silence here for the moment I'm afraid, but watch this space!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi T T

Just read (breifly) your thread, good luck to you and i hope you screw them, it is disgusting what they have done to you, the sooner the media get hold of stories like yours to let people see exactly what the banks have caused the better.

Any updates or are you still playing the waiting game.

Good luck

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hey Tide, i read with interest, any news yet or are they keeping you hanging on.

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

Hi Gents,

Del, how's life in Nelson Mandela Towers? Are you Batman or Robin?

Can't report much - their defence was late, I made a request for Judgement, the Courts "lost" my request and their defence was allowed.

Can't say a lot more, just awaiting my AQ.

They have well and truly put their foot in it last week - this will shock the site!

Lookout HBOS - the man you sent to knock on my door unannounced may well turn up at yours with Her Majesty's Constabulary shortly, two names provided, but additionally, I consider your MD at the time ultimately responsible, although he was promoted in the midst of my dilemma.

My MP is fully supportive, so any domination of a city will be cut short, unless you can show that you can conform to the regulations set down by the Ombudsman (several)

There are also a number of others who are keeping a close eye on this case.

The o/s have swapped out their Legal team at the last minute.

Their defence is flippant, biased and completely untrue, which simply delays the inevitable. Have you seen the evidence?

Tell the two (maybe three) to pack a toothbrush, saying that, once the insurance scenario comes to light there may be others.

Tide

Many thanks GC, Delboy and CM - and all others who have supported, very much appreciated.

I won't disappoint.

Tide

We're just getting our orders in at the bar ahead of everybody else for when you win ;-)

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

CM - you'll need a passport, and some factor 10.

I'll polish my head and then its factor 20

and no im not bald, its a solar panel for a sex machine :grin:

CM

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi Tide

I have just popped over from the Tom Brennan thread where you highlighted your own case and I will take the time to read it through when I have more time, but briefly I must say how bad it is that these Building Societies/ Mortgage Lenders take us for rides every single day, I note that you are not alone and your thread is gathering more and more peeps in the same position.

I can only say that I once had my car repossessed and ended up with a big battle with Volkswagen who sold my car at auction for loads less than it was worth and came after me for the balance. I eventually, agreed to pay half of what they were claiming, but my point is I was not aware of this wonderful site at that time and I felt very alone without any support apart from the family. Somestimes knowing that you have people arround you that can give you that moral support makes all the difference.

VW, actually were in breach of the Consumer Credit Act and took the car whilst it was on the drive, the consumer credit act states quite clearly that, they were not permitted to do so. The person who repossessed the car lied on several counts and they got away with it. I went to their association the FSA and then went down the route of mediation, what a farse that was, I never stood a chance, they lied and I lost because the mediator took the side of VW and did not even look at the points of law and the breaches in the consumer credit act. I am sure that had this happened now I would have taken a totally different approach and a lot more peeps to help me through. It was a nightmare at the time.

I hope that you will soon get a great result.

DS

DS,

Firstly, the FSA are funded by the banks - this year to the tune of £270,000,000. I have made a complaint to them to no avail - completely ignored. Have you tried the DTI? Trading Standards will provide better help, and don't write off an old situation - revisit it.

Regarding finance - the Financial Ombudsman Service (used to be in bed with the FSA but are under pressure to justify what they have been doing over the last 10 years).

Have you made a FULL SAR?

Get a copy of the contract - did they sell your debt to a Debt Collection Agency (DCA)? If so, were they allowed to do so? Has the DCA got a copy of your agreement? Like Tom Brennan, did the removal of the vehicle cause any loss, like unable to get to work, taxis, insurance or other?

Ask for all information. You are entitled to it, and it may show up things you won't expect, or have buried in the sand.

Tide

PS - I always start with an insistant phone call, ask them what they're doing about my request, get the persons name, and make a note of the date and time of the call.

DS,

Firstly, the FSA are funded by the banks - this year to the tune of £270,000,000. I have made a complaint to them to no avail - completely ignored. Have you tried the DTI? Trading Standards will provide better help, and don't write off an old situation - revisit it.

Regarding finance - the Financial Ombudsman Service (used to be in bed with the FSA but are under pressure to justify what they have been doing over the last 10 years).

Have you made a FULL S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)?

Get a copy of the contract - did they sell your debt to a Debt Collection Agency (DCA)? If so, were they allowed to do so? Has the DCA got a copy of your agreement? Like Tom Brennan, did the removal of the vehicle cause any loss, like unable to get to work, taxis, insurance or other?

Ask for all information. You are entitled to it, and it may show up things you won't expect, or have buried in the sand.

Tide

PS - I always start with an insistant phone call, ask them what they're doing about my request, get the persons name, and make a note of the date and time of the call.

Hi Tide

Thanks for coming back to me, they did not sell the debt to a debt collector, they had a firm of solicitors acting on their behalf.

What would a full SAR prove only that they I missed a few payments which was not my fault, I sent them a DD they did not receive it they sent a default notice which I did not receive until the day before the bailiff appeared. I think now that there is not much that I can achieve

if I was unable to achieve it then with them breaking the law, I am not sure what can be discovered now. Just to give me an idea as to what I could find then it might be possible to go forward.

Our local trading Standards were a waste of time, they did not understand the concept of the law, also the DTI do not take individual complaints from ordinary peeps like ourselves, or they did not at that time, I reached a brick wall.

Yes I did have losses, I had no car to get to work and take my daughter to school, I then hired a car until I could get another car, and that was expensive.

It was an expensive lesson that I learned never to trust the post! and institutions such as VW, the banks and such like.

DS

Hi Tide

Thanks for coming back to me, they did not sell the debt to a debt collector, they had a firm of solicitors acting on their behalf.

What would a full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) prove only that they I missed a few payments which was not my fault, I sent them a DD they did not receive it they sent a default notice which I did not receive until the day before the bailiff appeared. I think now that there is not much that I can achieve

if I was unable to achieve it then with them breaking the law, I am not sure what can be discovered now. Just to give me an idea as to what I could find then it might be possible to go forward.

Our local trading Standards were a waste of time, they did not understand the concept of the law, also the DTI do not take individual complaints from ordinary peeps like ourselves, or they did not at that time, I reached a brick wall.

Yes I did have losses, I had no car to get to work and take my daughter to school, I then hired a car until I could get another car, and that was expensive.

It was an expensive lesson that I learned never to trust the post! and institutions such as VW, the banks and such like.

DS

Hi Tide, Just done a full SAR to VW to see what comes out of it as you suggested.

I will let you know in due course.

Thanks

DS

have only just found your thread - wishing you luck

I used to work for the Halifax many years ago - before mergers -in the arrears department -as far as I can remember there were rules governing fair sale of a property even then - I can not understand why they would not reveal the names of the valuers as it was important to prove/show they were independant in the case of problems such as yours. As far as i know the property had to be marketed for a certain amount of time - then could be put up for auction. the halifax did not own or was associated with any estate agents in those days. Also they should be able to show you were aware of the mortgage guarantee insurance as you would have paid for this. I know many people were not clear about the fact this only protected the building society in the event of the house being sold for less than its value - not the borrower.but as it was a standard charge even way back in 1987 - they should have had no problem providing this evidence. I am afraid that there was a lack of explanation about this charge in many cases.Sorry if I have repeated things you already know - but it is a long thread. I can only say I am sorry you have had this experience as in my day at my branch we really tried to help people who had problems and posession was a last resort. unfortunately when someone starts getting into problems the speed at which the interest starts accumulating as interest on interest etc each month is frightening and sometimes if the property is not sold promptly everybody looses out. It would seem fairer to freeze the position when someone is in genuine need of help.

I genuinely hope you are successful in your fight.

Jansus

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

have only just found your thread - wishing you luck

I used to work for the Halifax many years ago - before mergers -in the arrears department -as far as I can remember there were rules governing fair sale of a property even then - I can not understand why they would not reveal the names of the valuers as it was important to prove/show they were independant in the case of problems such as yours. As far as i know the property had to be marketed for a certain amount of time - then could be put up for auction. the halifax did not own or was associated with any estate agents in those days. Also they should be able to show you were aware of the mortgage guarantee insurance as you would have paid for this. I know many people were not clear about the fact this only protected the building society in the event of the house being sold for less than its value - not the borrower.but as it was a standard charge even way back in 1987 - they should have had no problem providing this evidence. I am afraid that there was a lack of explanation about this charge in many cases.Sorry if I have repeated things you already know - but it is a long thread. I can only say I am sorry you have had this experience as in my day at my branch we really tried to help people who had problems and posession was a last resort. unfortunately when someone starts getting into problems the speed at which the interest starts accumulating as interest on interest etc each month is frightening and sometimes if the property is not sold promptly everybody looses out. It would seem fairer to freeze the position when someone is in genuine need of help.

I genuinely hope you are successful in your fight.

Jansus

Jansus,

I am sure I'm not alone when I thank you for your honesty and for sharing your experiences.

It is true, that many years ago, the banks offered a genuine service and helped people through rough times as well as helping in the good times.

This all changed with the introduction of computers, the ability to automate charges the second an account became overdrawn, automated monitoring of accounts and the availability of large storage devices which allowed access and processing of huge volumes and management of information.

Of course, this this was the beginning of the end for your normal bank manager who knew all of his clients personally, as Computer Aided Design saw the demise of the Draughtsman. The whole system has evolved.

Somewhere along the way, a person's account was re-classed as a commodity, and any personal relationship with the bank was lost, unless it was commercially viable for them to give you the time of day.

I again thank you for your honesty, you obviously realise that the industry has evolved since you were there. Incidentally, the people I took out my mortgage with would fall over backwards when I had a problem, it appears to have begun when the take-overs started, and the banks became ever more responsible to their shareholders, and therefore the bottom line.

With respect.

Tide

BTW, the Mortgage Indemnity Guarantee (MIG) was taken out with *** who claimed they had no knowledge of me when I phoned them. They had also not issued any legal proceedings against me, despite Halifax's Solicitors claims that they were under instruction by them, I had no knowledge of this contract until after the event, and as soon as I mentioned Fraud, all actions were withdrawn - 2 years ago.

Why haven't they carried out their threats?

They have denied that their clients have ever charged me £100.00 for a standard letter, despite me having this in black and white, along with copies of valuations performed by companies wholly owned by the Halifax - Colleys.

Nine valuations performed - all conflicting, and all valuing the property higher than the actual price achieved on sale.

Tide

Hi TT

Ive just come across your thread and it reminded me of a case against Halifax I heard about a few years ago. From memory it involved a repossessed property that was purchased by a Halifax employee at undervalue. I think damages relating to the appreciation value were awarded to the couple who lost their home.

I will look for the case and post details

Good Luck DS,

Now you've thrown the stick in the bush, let's see what comes out. You may be surprised.

Tide

Bunch of deseased stinking rats, thats what will come out.

Keep up the fight, and when the *********** come out shoot them !................twice lol

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won