Unhappy with College course - do I have to pay fees in full?

bumpyknucks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm actally posting on behalf of my sister, she started an evening class in college last year and has paid part of the fee.

She has successfully completed the course, however this has been more down to her determination and the effort she has put in to study independently of the lectures & coursework provided by the college than anything else.

She encountered numerous problems with the original lecturer (he wasn't covering the coursework or marking assignments and they had fallen weeks behind schedule as a consequence). In the end several of her classmates actually approached the head of department to have said lecturer replaced which eventually happended halfway through the course.

Once the lecturer was replaced things improved marginally, but they were left with a backlog of work and not enough class time to cover it all. Basically she doesn't feel that the course presented value for money, and she has emailed the relevant head of department to state her case.

the college are basically saying that because she has successfully completed the course she should pay the full balance outstanding. Can anyone shed some light on what her rights are with regards to not paying the outstanding balance?

Thanks in advance (sorry for length)...

*** Just thought I should add that the College is in Scotland

Edited by citizenB
Added information - and spacing for clarity