QuickQuid Concerns & Security Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. lets just agree to disagree, so we dont end up in a full blown argument :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for all your advice. I still cant see how they can alter the amount you pay though and how they can access your bank/card account??

I thought you just entered their email address and the amount you wished to pay and then you would have to do it every month

They seem to be exploiting the CPA with debit cards. Possibly with false transaction numbers, so the bank thinks its a new authorisation and allows it though.

As for paypal, depending on the creditor, they can have you set up a subscription. However it is nowhere clear enough to let you know that it is what you are doing, and you have to google on how to cancel it. It is one of the many flaws of using paypal for things like that, which is why it is mostly used as a way to buy things off ebay or amazon. You dont need any kind of subscription for things like that.

Of course, some people havent had any issues... yet. But simply searching online will lead you into a whole new light.

Some sites simply ask for the email and amount. However, hidden away can easily be the code to set up a subscription, depending on how they have decided the confirmation page from paypal will look. It's one of the main reasons i stopped using it years ago.

I'm of the opinion that when it comes to my money, i'm better safe than sorry. Why even consider taking any risk with it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Get a prepaid card, and simply dont tell them its prepaid. Or demand they give you their bank details so you can set up a standing order which pretty much guarantees them regular payments. If they refuse, then you know they have something to hide.

A standing order is one you do from your bank account, it is safer than a direct debit as the company cannot take anything other than the amount YOU state on the day YOU state.

A subscription payment is something that is controlled by the company, it can come from a number of sources and even if you do cancel it they can still take a payment as normally you have to give 30 days notice, (of course the 30 days goes OVER a payment day so they are 'entitled' to this money). It is not guaranteed that the company won't suddenly decided to take two months money at the same time.

I tried to pay QQ using a pre-paid Cashplus card last year but they would not accept it. I didn't inform them that it was a pre-paid card ,just used the number. The banking systems can detect what type of card you use by the number coding. I have paid them by paypal with no problems but by sending the money from my account - refer to your customer number and the loan agreement at all times. I suggest that you do not use their Paypal payment requests so you can keep in control of things.

If the money is on there, then they shouldnt refuse. If they do, then you can get them in court saying you had a valid method of payment, yet they chose not to accept it, but still added interest and charges.