self employed and sickness benefit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello wonder if anyone can help my husband is a self employed milkman and has been told that he has to have a op on his knee very soon he will be off work for between 3-6 months does anyone know what if any benefits we will be able to claim. We have loads of debts and 3 young children and I'm scared we will not be able to live

Thanks Shell xx

Hello there and welcome to CAG. I hope we'll be able to help you.

While you're waiting for the people who know the answers to come along, here's a benefit calculator. If you type in your financial details, it should give you an idea of your entitlement. It's all anonymous, no need to give your name.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks we have no savings and only my husband works so will have no income at all while he is off I've been trying to find out what we can claim and how much all day on the dwp website but can not find anything for self employed people. He does pay each week into a employment policy and we thought he would be covered by that but after phoning them today to ask about how to claim they have said as its not a illness and the injury is due to wear and tear he is not covered.

it says

sickness

should the Insured contanct an illness which prevents them from carrying out their normal occupation (Dairyman) this provides them with £300 a week (or normal weekly wage if less) payable for a maximum of 26 weeks

Thats all it says there is nothing about if you need a op or anything xxx

• 5 months later...