Debt Collector - MT Collect - Text Message Scarers!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a debt management company that I can get to deal with my debts that aren't going to rip me off?

CCCS

National Debtline

or Book an appointment with your local CAB.

They all have fees for administering your DMP but unlike the ones that advertise on television and in the papers, they will not ask for thousands in upfront fees.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still interested to know if anyone that has received one of these texts has actually had a visit? They seem tyo have suddenly sent out an abundance of these texts! So unless they have a mass of so called bailiffs they must have a tardis or something!

they are not bailiffs!!

and no how can one man that does not exist bounce around the country all on 1 day.

mr marsden does not exist .

there is more to this that at present cannot be revealed yet.

just to say they have incoming unwwelcome guests investigating them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Vicky1985 - sorry to have a go but you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over this, listen to the good advice given and chill out, this guy or firm or whatever he.they claim to be be are not - repeat not going to ever visit / remove goods or whatever else they claim they can do without it going to a court firct and even then the debtor would have to default the courts decision.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Vicky1985 - sorry to have a go but you seem to be getting your knickers in a twist over this, listen to the good advice given and chill out, this guy or firm or whatever he.they claim to be be are not - repeat not going to ever visit / remove goods or whatever else they claim they can do without it going to a court firct and even then the debtor would have to default the courts decision.

Appreciate your advice, but when you receive a text like this you do kind of S**t yourself! I am trying to get my debt under control and this company are nasty and yes, obviously feed off fear!! I have taken advice from Stigman and have done what has been suggested by others as well. I am just interested to see if anyone that has got this text has ever seen the company at their home and whether they did try and attempt entry etc. Forewarned is Forearmed and all that! Thanks again for your advice though!

they cannot attempt entry THEY ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE BAILIFFS.........

even if you were stupid enough to let them in

they cant take anything, they are ANORMAL HUMAN BEINGS

they have no licence to remove goods.

they are debt collectors - end of.

even if they took you to court

you failed to pay

THEY STILL CANNOT COME AND TAKE YOUR GOODS

only a certified court bailiff company can do that

they are not a certified bailiff comapny.

smell the coffee!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are not bailiffs!!

and no how can one man that does not exist bounce around the country all on 1 day.

mr marsden does not exist .

there is more to this that at present cannot be revealed yet.

just to say they have incoming unwwelcome guests investigating them.

dx

Ooooo....sounds very interesting!

they cannot attempt entry THEY ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE BAILIFFS.........

even if you were stupid enough to let them in

they cant take anything, they are ANORMAL HUMAN BEINGS

they have no licence to remove goods.

they are debt collectors - end of.

even if they took you to court

you failed to pay

THEY STILL CANNOT COME AND TAKE YOUR GOODS

only a certified court bailiff company can do that

they are not a certified bailiff comapny.

smell the coffee!

dx

I get the point! Blimey, no need to get funny about it! Have you had one of these texts? Have you been scared to open the door? I understand that they are not a certified company! I have said that I have read and/or taken the advice of all that have responded to my thread. I came on here to learn more about this company and to see if other people were in the same boat as me and they were/are. All I wanted was to see if this pondlife company had EVER tried to carry out the threat! For a start I would not be bloody stupid enough to open the door and would certainly never give them money on a doorstep collection!

Your fear is understandable Vicky, if you have never been threatened like this before it must be making you very nervous and scared. However, most of those advising you on this subject have either been at the receiving end of the same treatment or have been dealing with similar cases for a very long time and I suppose it's easy for them to be a bit more direct or blase about it. Try not to take comments personally, everyone has your best interests at heart and as always we will help you fight these people and address your debt problems :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Just didn't appreciate the last line of "smell the coffee". Afraid that got my back up a bit! I am trying to take everything that everyone is saying and appreciate all the advice. It is just very frightening! I have done all I can personally and if they turn up, they turn up! Won't be opening the door and if they want to try and break in, I will not only call the police but they take their chance with my very protective dog!

Hi Vicky, one of the best things you can do is change your mobile number or switch it of hun xNo one will turn up I promise it is all words and terribly incorrect ones at that. Hope this crew get their commupance - I would now wish them 'good luck as the situation unfolds on them'

Try not worry :hug:

Edited by asmilecostsnothing
add

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Thank you to everyone that has commented on my thread. I do appreciate the help and advice and have taken EVERYTHING on board. I kind of hope they do turn up no so I can tell them to go away in no uncertain terms!

Hi Vicky1985 ....hope you are feeling a little calmer ...take the advise... most of us here are still waiting for the threats on our own problems to materialise !...have a doorstep letter to hand to give to them IF THEY TURN UP ! or better still send them one .....either way what dx100uk is saying is good advise & would not have been given with any intention to upset you ...

Keep all informed :)

VickyI have tried in vain to set up a repayment plan with Capital Fiannce and they always refuse saying they need more. I gave up in the end. Now today I receive a text titled 'Preremoval' asking me to call to make a token payment otherwise someone will be calling at my property tomorrow. I was concerned but after reading all the advice and comments I know they won't turn up and if they do I will tell them where to go.....

well the amount of people who are going to turn up on people doorsteps judging by all these texts floating around, they must be a bloody big company, or have a time machine - maybe they are all cybermen from the planet Zog

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

I just thought that I would let you know that

I have had a reply from the email that I sent to CFO.

I have attached the email:Dear Victoria,

Thank you for your email,

We are regrettably unable to arrange or accept a payment plan for your outstanding loan amount.

We are legally obliged to accept token payments to reduce the balance.

However this is not a repayment plan and will not defer your loan and fines that will be applied to the account due to late payment.

I would advise to pay the minimum of your interest payment each month and then,

if possible, overpay that day to help reduce the capital amount which in turn will reduce your interest month on month.

Any fines that have been applied to the account will need to be cleared before we can accept just the minimum payment of your interest.

Your account has been passed to our collections company Mitigate Trace & Collect our new collection company after 14 days of being overdue.

The collections agency will get in contact at their nearest convenience, you may be able to set up a repayment option with them when they contact you.

Please also be aware that when an account is passed to them commission is charged by them on top of your outstanding balance.

Sorry I am not able to help further with regards to this,

if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us

.Kind Regards Capital Finance One

Tel : 020 8166 1470

Email: info@capitalfinanceone.co.uk

They totally ignored the fact that I had told them that the company they were using was abusive etc!

As I understand it debt collection companies cannot add commission onto your debt???

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

pers i'd wriote back

you cannot 'fine' me

as far as i am aware, debt is a CIVIL matter NOT a Criminal one.

Yous 'fines' are InFact 'penalties' and under OFT guidelines

as you are quite aware, as you must abide ny them.

you CANNOT levy any penalties.

i will pay what i can when i can via my normal method

thank you

good day

CC Office Of Fair Trading [inc org email]

disgruntled customer

and they

I would not even bother to reply to such garbage - just forward that pile of cr*p onto to the OFT and let them deal with them

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------