HFC contacts needed in UK **** RESOLVED ****

MartLondon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a loan of £18000 from HFC bank over 7 years ago I then lost my job got made redundant i talked to them about this and have a written agreement to pay a certain amount every month with no interest or charges this has never changed, I have recieved nothing else in writing to say interest will be aded to the acount I have paid most of the loan of under the agreement and owe just £2088 which I wanted to pay off today as I have the funds i called the customer service number to get told i now owe £8000 and I am paying interest, can they do this? i cant find any working contact details in the UK it all seems to go through a call center in India.

Thanks

Mart

Hi

Welcome to CAG

You really shouldn't be trying to deal with this on the phone.

This should all be in writing.

Have they not been sending you statements?

ims

Don't lose that written agreement you have for "no interest" and the agreed payment plan.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have not had a statment for quite a while now i did not think anything of it untill i realised i had enough funds to pay the account and decided to pay it off I will send a letter and a copy of the agreent to them and see what happens.

thanks for the welcome :-D

Mart

I meant real mail...it is better IMHO to have a proper paper trail

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Have a look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?31052

don't know of its still active though

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is the update I have now sent 2 letters to HFC and no reply to either:-x, is this a waiting game? do I keep repeating myself and send these letters again? I bet if I cancel my standing order I get a letter within a week:wink:.

Mart

Well here we go again!

I have finally recieved a reply from HFC after only 2 letters thats not too bad but the letter was very vague.

Loan £18000

Date May 2005

Loan matures 13th january 2013(what does this mean?):???:

* We are unable to find your orignal loan agreement please call customer services if you require more assistance*

Now I have be paying £212 per month with no charges/interest if i carry on paying this amount it will amount to £2544 (I have these avaliable funds now to pay this off )does the word mature mean my loan is finnished?

Thanks

Mart

Hello All

Well here we go, I finaly got a reply from HFC complaints department after the second letter I sent, not only did i get an apology for the wrong information given to me by there automated system I also got an apology for the wrong information given to me by there customer services team, they have agreed that no interest/charges should have been added to the account and I have now recieved the final settlement figure which I have paid in full today:wink:

To get to this stage I wrote to the complaints department and got the reply from the following person Sameena Malik Complaints Investigator Central Complaints Department.

I have also found an alternative number to call for you no more 0845 expensive calls I used this number today and it works:whoo:

01344 890000(was 08456023793)

this web site might also be helpfull to you guys

saynoto0870

(which I cant post properly because I have only 7 posts)

you can do a company search and find alternative numbers to the usual 0845,0870 etc

hope this info helps some off you and thanks to those who gave me advice.

HFC account now closed:whoo::-D

Mart

Hi and well done

Good to hear it is all sorted for you.

Have amended thread title to reflect the resolution of this matter

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions