****Queries asked by personal message to Old-CodJA****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have to say that I believe there are several knowledgeable rail professionals that use this forum, all of whom freely give their suggestion in either trying to help people who have encountered a problem whilst travelling on public transport, or who may be facing prosecution for ticketing & byelaw matters.

I am happy to receive PMs, but I will not discuss or 'advise' on individual cases by that process. If I was intending to do that it would be a 'paid for' service and I am NOT going to start such an option because it is against forum rules.

As dx100uk points out on another thread, this is an open forum for all and sundry and I am happy to share some of what I have learned in 35 years of involvement in this line of work, where appropriate and where it might be of general use to forum users.

If you have been reported, or have a general query, there is no need to post specific facts from which you can be identified. Sometimes it might be necessary to identify a station in order to give an accurate answer because facilities differ from place to place, but names (whether staff or traveller), addresses, actual ticket / notice numbers and other case specific details are never necessary.

Edited by Old-CodJA

I fully agree, O-C. What annoys me slightly is when a member comes here and asks to be advised just by you in an open thread, just because they can't use the PM feature yet. Obviously it's nothing against you, as I'm sure you don't need me to point out, but that last thread bugged me a little bit, as it also appeared the member received your advice, then deleted everything s/he'd written in the open thread.

Hello guys. I agree too. I'd love to know how newbies are turning up here thinking they need to speak to OC before they even arrive.

Yesterday's one was particularly disappointing and not in the spirit of CAG. Stigy gave some good advice which seemed to be well-received at the time.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I do find it odd that people do PM others for that kind of advice. I know on some forums, you can't PM and ask for advice - there are some people who get theirs facts slightly wrong. At least if it's posted on the forum, people can be corrected and correct others if need be.

• 3 years later...
I have to say that I believe there are several knowledgeable rail professionals that use this forum, all of whom freely give their suggestion in either trying to help people who have encountered a problem whilst travelling on public transport, or who may be facing prosecution for ticketing & byelaw matters.

I am happy to receive PMs, but I will not discuss or 'advise' on individual cases by that process. If I was intending to do that it would be a 'paid for' service and I am NOT going to start such an option because it is against forum rules.

As dx100uk points out on another thread, this is an open forum for all and sundry and I am happy to share some of what I have learned in 35 years of involvement in this line of work, where appropriate and where it might be of general use to forum users.

If you have been reported, or have a general query, there is no need to post specific facts from which you can be identified. Sometimes it might be necessary to identify a station in order to give an accurate answer because facilities differ from place to place, but names (whether staff or traveller), addresses, actual ticket / notice numbers and other case specific details are never necessary.

hello there,

Can you help me how to write an out of court settlement letter. If you please have a look on my thread and give me advise how to do this i would really appreciate it. as i seen some of your threads and i feel very hopeful. i would relly appreciate if you help me regard my issue.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442847-Notice-of-intention-to-prosecute

Thanks..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks