style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we bought a sofa and a lazy chair from dfs just over a year ago, we have already had to have them out the fix the lazy chair as it was sagging, now the arms are wearing and the wood is coming through so it is very uncomfortable. The sofa is squeeking and all the pillows have gone flat so it is incredably uncomfortable, my wife is disabled and is getting increasing symptoms from sitting in these chairs,i do not expect it to last much longer tbh. Any advice??

Hi car

Have a read of 10,12 and 13 in my signature. Write a Formal Letter of Complaint , mark it as such, Explain whats happened, that you've already had call-outs, the fact that the sofa has deteriorated and what you want them to do.

Also mention your personal circumstances, that you wife is disabled. You might want to take some photos and send them with the letter.

Send it to:-

Ian Filby, Chief Executive

ifilby@dfs.co.uk

Update - Had an inspector come out this morning, said cannot repair the armchair for hte next few months until it has gotten worse because its too difficult. tightened the screws where the sofa was loose, still making noise though, the fabric where the stripes are coming off have always been like that apparently, i said it hasnt, but he said it had because they use end of roll for those bits!?? ! the main sofa has had all the scatter cushions restuff and one of the bottom cushions, which is now really lumpy and sits 2 inches above the one next to it, apparently cannot restuff that one because it will make it bumpy, not very happy at all!

If the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, take pic's send with e-mail, follow advice in earlier post. no2. Let us know how you get on.

Update - Had an inspector come out this morning, said cannot repair the armchair for hte next few months until it has gotten worse because its too difficult. tightened the screws where the sofa was loose, still making noise though, the fabric where the stripes are coming off have always been like that apparently, i said it hasnt, but he said it had because they use end of roll for those bits!?? ! the main sofa has had all the scatter cushions restuff and one of the bottom cushions, which is now really lumpy and sits 2 inches above the one next to it, apparently cannot restuff that one because it will make it bumpy, not very happy at all!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STILL no reply, sent follow up email and nothing, just being ignored, hubby rang customers services today, who told him we werent plumping hte cushions enough, it had to be done at least once a day and that was why the sofa kept breaking??? Anyway someone is going to call tomorow to book another service call. Is there anything we should say then? x

Hi Car

I think you should consider taking this matter to the small claims court. The sofa should last longer then a year, you shouldn't have to keep calling them out.

Have a look at the following guide, also read no.12 in my signature, make sure you take photos as evidence :-

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/wirral/countycourtindex.htm

You can also point out to the Judge that you wrote a Formal Letter of Complaint to Ian Filby, Chief Executive of DFS,

and he has decided not to respond.

Got someone coming out on monday, apparently they are the senior person. They said something about replacing the fibres with foam cushions but obviously this is only 1/3 of the problems we have been having x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Did you have someone come and have you had foam replacements? Our sofa is sagging, DFS came out and the store manager is saying that it will cost £200 for the foam cushions and fitting will be free. We have only had the sofa's since July 2011. Have you had to pay to replace the fibre with foam.

Kind regards

• 4 weeks later...

Well Advicewanted, they said it would take 4-6 weeks in january to replace the cushions, at no charge. it is now 8 weeks later and no word from dfs, its not looking very good. im thinking of writing them a letter and asking them to pay for all of the osteopath appointments ive had to have due to an unsupporting sofa. x

• 5 weeks later...

I had a DFS problem much as you discribe but my sofa & chairs sagged after 6 weeks we got them out to restuff them & it happened again I asked if we could have them filled fully but they refused I stopped the finance & let them take me to court they lost & had to replace the entire suite this time it was positively bulging but in the next 6 weeks it settled & it was one of the most comfortable suites I've knapped on

• 1 year later...

Hi Carlih1, did you get anywhere with DFS in the end? i too am having the same cushion problem to the point i cant even sit on the couch because it kills my back. No-one elses couch does this to me and DFS's advice is "Sell it for £100 on Gumtree" (it cost £850) - the managers words and i quote "You should have exhausted that avenue (gumtree) before caling us!". NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHATSOEVER. I feel its very much Got your money -see you later.