Tesco Direct FAIL! ***************Resolved** ******************

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive written out the email but would like you to check it over please. im not very good with writing letters. and im not sure who would be in a higher position than him, any ideas?

Dear John,

Thank you for your response. Id like to start by pointing out some facts.

First thing, the way this case has been dealt with is appalling. you say you wish to restore my faith in Tesco, you have failed.

Secondly, you first said you would refund me the £14 for the egg cup set and an extra £10 for the additional inconvenience caused. now you say you just want to give me a £20 Tesco gift card. that means the refund has decreased. wouldn't you agree this is not a reasonable gesture of goodwill at all!

Thirdly, i will not be shopping in your Tesco direct site ever again after this incident. so a gift card would be no use to me.

and finally, my payment card details are on my account. You have obviously not checked this and feel sending me a gift card is good enough. I do NOT accept this as a apology/ refund/ good will gesture. This whole situation had become a farce!

I first reported this 25days ago and Nothing has been done! Im sure you would agree, this is not good enough! Could you please send me the details of your manager so i can contact them. Im sure they will be delighted to hear how ive been treated.

just received a reply, hmmmm shall i push it further or accept £30?

Dear Mrs Robinson,

Thank you for your email.

I am very sorry that you are unhappy with my response. I appreciate that my last offer of the Moneycard was actually lower than my initial refund offer. I understand how increasingly disappointed and frustrated this must make you feel, especially as this has now been ongoing much longer that it should have. Please accept my apologies.

The offer of a £20 Moneycard was a simple typing error on my part, I meant to write ‘£30.00 Moneycard’ and have just realised this upon reading your reply. Although your payment card details are saved on your online account, we do not always keep them on our systems, this is for your own security. This is why the original refund could not be processed as I explained.

So, if you would prefer to be refunded to your payment card I will need to arrange a suitable time to call you and take your payment card details to process a refund. Alternatively, if you are happy to accept the offer of the £30.00 Tesco Moneycard, please let me know by email and I will send this right away.

Please forgive me for this error, I realise this has left you feeling angry and upset, but may I reassure you this wasn't my intention and I hope you understand it was a unfortunate mistake. If none of the above are suitable resolutions, please reply and I will pass your complaint to my Line Manager immediately.

Thank you once again for bringing this matter to the attention of our Chief Executive's office and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

John McGovern

Customer Service Executive

Hi Amy

Excellent result, type the product into Google, click shopping, if I'm looking at the correct product it's a lot cheaper, with change for something else. Get the monies put on your card, buy from the other store. It's been nice being your Personal Shopper.:wink:

Well Done.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for resurrecting this slightly, but I work at a Tesco quite local to you (although not the Heanor branch) and would like to point out that it's policy at our store to return a damaged Direct item within the first 28 days as long as you have the printed email invoice with you. Not quite sure why you were told to go through direct in the first place but your story isn't a common one from my experience and hopefully if you ever come back to us you'll get a better service from someone who knows the policy ;).